my new additions

entice59

pic one, Fox coral - i dont have info
Pic two, galaxy coral - might want to put it further away from other corals, it has stingers which extends itself. It may seem short now but it will be longer later.
Pic three, i think thats a donut coral? or cynaria or something like that sorry i cant really help you there. feed it through its mouth meaty things like krill and mysis

dattong

thanks,
You're rite, the galaxy has lots of stingers that extend really long. Fortunately, I placed it all alone up high. I think it's a good one to control the neighbor xenia's growth (6" away)

entice59

you know what? i didnt notice that you live in San jose, where did you get your corals and how much did you pay for them?

dattong

I bought them at Mermaid Aquarium on Mission Blvd. They sell 6 pieces for $200 (10% off more if you've spent at least $250 once at this store (VIP). I've got 3 pieces today and will come back another time to get other 3 corals 'cause they don't have corals that I want. About 2 months ago I got 6 pieces from this store also and all of them doing great, especially the leather finger (devil hand) growth so fast and get real big now. I wanna frag it now but don't know how.

entice59

if you go to SF, there are is a store, 6th ave aquarium which is pretty cheap, the more you buy the cheaper it is, i forgot the price but its the cheapest in the city. I hate the service and the workers there so i tend not to go there at all.
i dont know how to frag, members on this site do.
I know this guy who trades SPS if you have the lighting and other corals for other corals you might have, if your interested i might be able to trade some mushrooms. if you want.

dattong

Yeah, I've heard about that fish store on this board. But I never wanted to travel that far for a cheap price and a bad service :D Tropical Paradise was the farthest place I had gone to for corals.
I only have colt, pulsing xenia, and a big and nice hairy mushroom colony ready to trade now. But I rarely go to SF (just went last week) I you ever drop by SJ, let me know dat_tong@yahoo.com I'm looking for some red mushroom.