My new angel died!!

kels903

i got a new flamed angel 2 days ago and i woke up and he was sitting on the bottom dead. i dont no why he died. the only thing i can think of is he wasnt eating. i fed it brine , flake and had an algea strip for it to eat. anyone with a flame angel have similar problems?

scubadoo

Originally Posted by kels903
i got a new flamed angel 2 days ago and i woke up and he was sitting on the bottom dead. i dont no why he died. the only thing i can think of is he wasnt eating. i fed it brine , flake and had an algea strip for it to eat. anyone with a flame angel have similar problems?

If you did not witness the animal eat before purchase then he/she was probably sick. If purchased on-line you obviously could not have witnessed this.
How was the animal acclimated to your system? What are your water parameters? THey like temps in the high 70's to low 80's with plenty water movement. PH should not drop below 8.0. They also like live rock . They do not require as much sponge as the larger angels but do require plenty "greens" in their diet. Greens should make up about 50% of their food intake.
Since it died so quickly it was either a poor acclimation process or the animal was sick when you purchased it. Also, and aggressors in your system? Aggressive fish could have killed the angel off....just a possibility.
Any of the other fish in the system sick?
It is quite diffcult to answer your question without knowing tank/system make-up ie, filtration, water parameters, inhabitants, etc
Also, brine shrimp have almost zero nutritional value for marine animals. It is okay to feed as a little treat but it should never be included as part of a regular feeding/diet.
Only the new born brine have the desired nutrtion. Brine loose this nutrition within the fiorst few hours of hatching. After this period they have the same nutitional value to marine animals as a potato chip.

kels903

no other fish were sick and nothign would have been agressive towards it it was the dominate fish in the tank. I have alot of rock for it to move around and i have well enoguh space for it to roam free. i acclimated him for like 2 and a half hours i think he was sick from my lfs.