My New Bandit angel

ccampbell57

Just thought I would share my new addition. Fresh caught by yours truly off the coast of Oahu.
See my thread in the Aggressive forum.

hobrien

That is a very interesting looking fish and it sure fits its name. Are they common in the trade?

ccampbell57

HOBrian - they are not common in trade. Quite rare in fact because they are deep water angels and are only found at 80-150+ft.

ccampbell57

The bandit angel is endemic to the Hawaiian Islands, Johnston and Midway Atoll. It can be found single or in pairs inhabiting rocky reef faces and slopes at depths between 60 and 400 feet.

saltn00b

nice fish, but you caught it in oahu? how did you get it home to colorado? how did you catch it?
and why are you holding it in your hands?

If you contact local divers they'll catch them, some will acclimate them, and then ship them to you. The problem with them is that anything smaller then 3"-4" are all very deep. Only the adults come up closer. Singles I have found for $400.

That's the smallest one I've ever seen!!! There is a guy I've been talking to that said he can get 4"-5" for $300!! One that size I think he said $600. Awesome catch.

clownfish11

wait you catch em and keep em in your tank? why dont you catch like 4 or 5 and sell a few? or is that illegal, but sell em cheap of course