My new "barnacle?" blenny !!!

here he is in all of his glory. he is about 1-1 1/2 inches in length. the LFS said he was a barnacle blenny but i dont think so. no barnacle blenny i have seen looks like that. i am positive that is a clubhead blenny. my only question is did i get ripped off or did i slip one by them. let me know what you think? i am so excited

might be, i am not sure. if my memory serves me they have different scientic names as well. or at least different oceans. not that i have been looking up this fish i am disheartend. i thought they got alot bigger than 2" full grown
oh well still a great addition.

triggerfre

Yep looks like a barnical blenney to me. I used to have one a while ago and i can not seem to find one that looks like they are supposed to.

jawfish101

Beautiful Blenny! That's definately a Barnacle Blenny, mine looks exactly the same. Yours is pretty much identical to any of them that i've ever seen, pictures or otherwise.
I have a Barnacle Blenny, and except when he shoots out of his tube to eat, you can only ever see his head.
You're lucky you've gotten to see all of him, especially since you got pictures!

he just sit there with his whole body exposed. there are plenty of holes or crevices that he could hide in but i guess he doesnt want to or just hasnt found the right one. Jaw and Tigger, did your blenny ever get any bigger than 2". he is so small i thought he could get at least a little bigger. i measured him and hes just at 2".

jawfish101

Nope, i've had mine for over a year and he's only 2in.
Hm, when I first got mine, he swam all around poking his head in any hole he could find. Whenever I stuck my hand in the water, he always darted into the first nook or cranny he could find.
He eventually made my coco worm "jump ship" and has lived in his tube - only coming out when necessary - ever since.
I'll see if I can get an acceptable picture, and you can compare Blennies.
Good Luck