My new cat. :)

katiev

Well, not really "new"...we've had him for a few weeks now. His name is Taj, and he's almost a year old.

And here's Lobster. She's almost two years old.

katiev

Thanks! They're my babies. We got Lobster from a local adoption group that takes in kittens people find roadside, or want to surrender. She's a great cat -- perfect litter box habits, doesn't scratch anything other than her scratching posts, and is way friendly. She's got this really pretty gold sheen to her coat -- like the color of an Abyssinian.
We got Taj from a cats-only shelter, because my fiance and I moved out on own and Lobster lost her friend -- my mom's cat, Smokey. We're gone a lot because of school and work, so we thought Lobster needed company. Taj is half Siamese (and, as such, he's constantly in your face and talks a lot) and just a big ball of fluff. We're going to shave him for the summer, so stay tuned for some ridiculously cute pictures.
...We're leaving his big poofy head, his feet, and a poof on the end of his tail unshaven.

reefkprz

must be that sort of month My GF just brought this one home making 11 total cats now. her name is Harriet ( I call her hairball) yet another rescue. she has conjunctivitus, fleas, and ear mites. We just de wormed her with pyrental, and we are treating the ear mites, thursday is frontline day for ALL our cats and dogs she will be flea free after that (shes getting another brand for kittens not frontline)

katiev

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
must be that sort of month My GF just brought this one home making 11 total cats now. her name is Harriet ( I call her hairball) yet another rescue. she has conjunctivitus, fleas, and ear mites. We just de wormed her with pyrental, and we are treating the ear mites, thursday is frontline day for ALL our cats and dogs she will be flea free after that (shes getting another brand for kittens not frontline)
Aww, what a scraggly-looking little thing. She's adorable. I'm sure she be a healthy kitten in no time.
So...I need a list. How many animals total now? ;)

reefkprz

Originally Posted by katiev
Aww, what a scraggly-looking little thing. She's adorable. I'm sure she be a healthy kitten in no time.
So...I need a list. How many animals total now? ;)
11 cats
2 dogs
3 bearded dragons
2 leopard geckos
8 degus
3 chinchilla
1 Iguana
2 tokay geckos
1 african bullfrog
2 plated lined lizard
1 blue tounge skink
100+ madagascar giant hissing cocroaches
100+ false death head cocroaches
8 mice
2 hamster
2 chinese water dragons
4 love birds
2 cockatiels
2 corn snakes
1 california ing snake
1 albino gopher snake
2 flying tree frogs
3 whites tree frogs
55g freshwater planted angelfish tank
45g golfish semi planted goldfish tank
75g reef
and babysitting a 12g Nano reef
I feel like I am missing something..........

reefkprz

I must say katie, Lobster is probably one of the best names for a cat I have ever heard. I think its a riot.

katiev

I must say katie, Lobster is probably one of the best names for a cat I have ever heard. I think its a riot.
Thanks! It was one of those things where nothing else seemed to fit her...so we decided we'd name her something random. The other contenders were Potato, Soap, and Turtle.
We got a second cat awhile ago that we named Turtle, but that cat adoption ended up being a disaster. It was the worst cat I've ever owned. She crapped everywhere and was just plain mean. Poor Lobster would be sleeping in her cat tree, and Turtle would walk up and start smacking her and growling like a mountain lion. We took her back and adopted Taj (who is awesome).

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Scotts
Are the cocroaches pets or are they just living in the house also? :thinking:
:scared:
funny. you forget we have 11 cats one of the cocroaches most feared natural enemy. (native to the US that is)

larryndana

11 cats
2 dogs
3 bearded dragons
2 leopard geckos
8 degus
3 chinchilla
1 Iguana
2 tokay geckos
1 african bullfrog
2 plated lined lizard
1 blue tounge skink
100+ madagascar giant hissing cocroaches
100+ false death head cocroaches
8 mice
2 hamster
2 chinese water dragons
4 love birds
2 cockatiels
2 corn snakes
1 california ing snake
1 albino gopher snake
2 flying tree frogs
3 whites tree frogs
55g freshwater planted angelfish tank
45g golfish semi planted goldfish tank
75g reef
and babysitting a 12g Nano reef
I feel like I am missing something..........

alyssia

and one tarantula too. (just got him the other day)

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: