My new Chevron tang

reef fool

Originally posted by j21kickster
i envy you- nice coloration- that is no cheap fish what did you pay-150$?

he was $75. I have seen them in the LFS before, but was never impressed w/ them. The lighting stinks there. My LFS guy had him for several weeks at $99 and I finally got him for $75. WOW, under my lighting he is impressive looking. If I knew they were that awesome looking, I would have bought one sooner!

rane

Got him yesterday and already in your display?
I guess you dont practice quarentine huh?

jonthefb

that is a beautiful juvenile, unfortunately they lose all that coloration when they are adults and are a drab olive green!
good luck
jon

kah0197

Quick question. I have a Chevron on hold at the lfs. Before I pick him up tomorrow, can you tell me if yours is out a lot? Or does he hide in the live rock most of the time?
Thanks.

tyr-sog

Originally posted by RANE
Got him yesterday and already in your display?
I guess you dont practice quarentine huh?

What business is it of yours?

They are so cute at that age! Mine is about a year or so old now and has lost almost all of that nice coloration. Still a nice and active fish. Out front and center swimming merrily about all the time. He is in my 90 reef for now, but is growing alarmingly fast. Will eventually have to move him to my 150 so he will have plenty of swimming room.

reef fool

Originally posted by kah0197
Quick question. I have a Chevron on hold at the lfs. Before I pick him up tomorrow, can you tell me if yours is out a lot? Or does he hide in the live rock most of the time?
Thanks.

I put him in after lights out and the next morning he was out swimming with the others! He is swimming all over the place and feeding off of the LR constantly. Although he is a little skitterish when you first approach the tank, he comes right back out when you stop moving fast.

reef fool

Thanks all,
he is now my favorite fish in the reef! Even if he is gonna be wearing fatigues someday!
Originally posted by jonthefb
that is a beautiful juvenile, unfortunately they lose all that coloration when they are adults and are a drab olive green!
good luck
jon

Hey Jon,
Thanks for the bad news. Actually I heard that before I bought him. At what size/age do they lose their coloration? I know there max size is 10", he is about 3" now.
Thanks,
Frank