My New Clam

rara12

Well i Finally upgraded my lights so i can support a clam. And now i have my first one. So because i said i would here are some pics of my clam!

G

gbell5

Nice clam. My halides are coming in this week. I can't wait to get one.

candycane

Hopefully you got halides on your tank for that clam. Also, it appears to be gaping a good bit. In case you don't know, that is when the incurrent siphon is fully expanded like that; gaping is REALLY not a good thing. It may straighten it out when you do your next water change, or if you feed your tank and get it to eat a little. Please post some pics in the future to update on how it is doing.
Other then that, the coloration is very nice and the mantle appears to be in great shape. But I can not stress enough to keep an eye on gaping. Check all of your water parameters.

rara12

I did a water change the same day i got the clam! A small one maybe 15%. Maybe i'll do another on tonight after work. Im going to move it up onto a rock i just wanted to put it near the glass so i could snap a few pics. Im out of food buy im hoping cyclopeeze is alright to feed it.

nycbob

try not to move it too much the 1st few weeks. put a flat rock under the clam so it can attach to it.

volcom69

Depending on your light you dont really need to feed it anything but light and fish pooh. Make sure you do not directly feed the clam, and if you are going to feed, feed the tank. Most croceas are more gaped then other corals i think yours will be fine, and like they said make sure you put it on a rock so it can attach its foot.

rara12

Well the clam is no longer gaping. He still has his great color and is open all day just doesnt have his siphon open that far anymore. Those pics were from maybe 20 minutes after i added him to the tank. He is maybe an inch large or so and those zoos open up big! I love him and plan on getting another later down the road. When my picket fills back up.