My new Coral Beauty

kidreef

beautiful fish i never had any luck with angels even though i only had one i just never wanted to try again and great fish

vpotts28

Originally Posted by fedukeford
NICE! looks like a nice healthy fish, good choice on quarinteening it
Jordan
If I can only find what he likes to eat I will be all set. I quarantine every one I get, after the research and stories I have heard in this forum. Thank you.

fedukeford

Originally Posted by Vpotts28
If I can only find what he likes to eat I will be all set. Thank you.
Try some frozen meaty food, my old coral beauty ate it like a pig

vpotts28

Try some frozen meaty food, my old coral beauty ate it like a pig
I have bought mysis, reef complete, algae sheets, won't touch the formula one pellets I have, and has turned down my homemade food (not one of my fish has ever turned it down). He eats the veg matter out of the reef complete but won't touch the brine in it. He is coming around though. I am going to try some flake tomorrow, or go by some nori

fedukeford

Try getting some Emerald Entree (its a frozen food) its a mixture of a bunch of veggies/plants and meaty foods.
Jordan

vpotts28

Try getting some Emerald Entree (its a frozen food) its a mixture of a bunch of veggies/plants and meaty foods.
Jordan
I'll look for that tomorrow, cross my fingers he eats that. thanks.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
fish looks nice and healthy I want one!!
Thanks, the only thing wrong with it, is he had a nice nip on the tail. You can kind of see it in the top left corner. The LFS had it housed with a flame angel
morons. It looked good so I bought it anyhow. I had already made them remove a flame hawkfish from a tank because it was getting destroyed by a damsel and a blenny. They were just getting them out of their own hospital/quarantine tanks.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
yeah those people at the lfs dont know what they are doping. they just know how to get your money lol

They know how to get that money for sure. I had settled on this particular LFS because it is clean, fish seem healthy, the staff will steer you away from fish if they think there is an issue. These were the first mistakes I have seen here. The girl helping me went out of her way to say that it is good how concerned I was. I felt like grabbing her had and putting it in a tank for a couple seconds (kidding, kind of). I know they are in business to make money, but there has to be a little concern and general sense of being humane. The owner is a good person and will stand around for hours answering questions.

rebelprettyboy

thats good to know. Our lfs is pretty good he want sell u anything that isnt doing to well and a nice guy. W eonly have one I live in Midland tx. or actually we have 2 I just havent ever went to the other one