My new eel eating

azonic

I still don't have a 100% ID on this guy...so anyone who knows for sure can let me know. I've heard brown chainlink but it doesn't look at all like a chainlink to me...Anyway, couple pics of him eating.

conogre

From the photo it doesn't look like a chainlink, but it also appears to be a juvenile and may change pattern as it grows.....it could be a young goldenedge morey from the headshape and pattern.
Here's a photo of our 27" Ocellated morey, "Hannibal" eating a whole bait shrimp.
We caught him over a year ago on a fishing trip from the shore, and he got his name by eating my finger and that of a friend while trying to get him in the bait bucket (not to worry, the bleeding stopped within 8 hours with just butterfly strips)

polarpooch

I agree, could be a juvi eel of some kind. Don't think it's a chainlink at all.
Try these, too: richardson's moray, australian moray, largehead snake moray.
I'll bet he shipped to the LFS under "assorted eels" , so they'll have trouble identifying him, too.
Conogre: nice blackedge! What a beast! Here's my baby, Milton!

jnjf

IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, WE HAD THE SAME EEL! UNFORTUNATELY, ANOTHER EEL OF OURS ATE HIM. WHEN WE BOUGHT HIM, THEY CALLED HIM A RED SPOTTED MORRAY. HE WAS A RUSTY BROWN COLOR. NOT VERY AGGRESSIVE, AND ATE LESS THAN MOST OF OUR OTHER EELS.

tarhull87

Azonic, if you haven't already found out, That is a Richardson's Moray Eel. I have one too, here is my picture.

mr_krabs

well its not no chainlink thats for sure.....unless its a very very rare kind of chainlink? And its not a black edge.....so what could it be??

tarhull87

MrKrabs,
Azonic, if you haven't already found out, That is a Richardson's Moray Eel. I have one too, here is my picture.

danielfish

oh and i said i really liked it so my aunt bought one for me..i had it for a year it ate everything in my tak..even a trigger i had..i lost about 500 dollars of fish and inverts to that eel:mad:

unknown

turhull87 it's not a richardsons moray I am 100% sure of that compare the pic of a goldentail moray on SWF.com with Azonic's Eel. there is no question.
I can see how your eels look alike but the belly's are different.
Keep in mind that Azoniz's eel is still yound so his spots are not a defined and it has not gotten it's full tail colors yet.
Vince.