My new Juvenile Emporer Angel and Purple Sea Slug

evaray3

:jumping: I just got my new Emporer Angelfish and purple sea slug or nudibranch from SWF.com and I LOVE them!! The Emporer is about 3" and so gorgeous and the sea slug is super neat. I hope the pictures will attach for everyone to see.

evaray3

Yes I was very impressed, the emporer was my first purchase from this site. I will buy again for sure. they sent him yesterday and he arrived today and he is already happy as he can be.

lion_crazz

Wow, you got him from here. I did not notice that you wrote that in your original post. I will have to keep that in mine when I am ready to get mine. How is he acting? Is he eating already?

fedukeford

sweet, one bad thign though, nudis dont usually last very long, the kind you have has poisious spines so you probley dont want to touch it, i think they might also crash a tank if they die

emperor11

Originally Posted by fedukeford
sweet, one bad thign though, nudis dont usually last very long, the kind you have has poisious spines so you probley dont want to touch it, i think they might also crash a tank if they die
Back up there Sparky!!
Slugs are nothing but a pile of colorful mush. They have no poisonous spines. It won't crash a tank if it dies. A full grown sea hare...yes, but one this small, no. I have dealt with this species while working at the LFS before, and we had it in a 10 gallon with a bunch of small reef fish, and nothing died, even when it died. Then again, we ran always ran carbon on it. Its definetly something I dont recommend, but if you already have it...dont worry too much about it.
~Emperor

newgirl1

I was told that the purple sea slug eats worms not algea, but my lfs told me that so they could be wrong.

evaray3

I'm not really sure about the nudibranch eating worms or not. I definatly have a ton of bristleworms if he wanted those that would be great. I guess I will have to read up in my books and find out for sure what he likes. Day 2 for the Emporer and he is doing great!!!!

scarr105

The Nudi will eat algae. Go by some Algae sheets and a clip. I had one of these before I had to shut down my tank because I was moving. It would climb the glass and sit on the Algae sheet everytime I put it in the tank. Mine stay on the glass most of the time. I use to touch it so i don't think it has an spines or is harmful.

evaray3

Originally Posted by scarr105
The Nudi will eat algae. Go by some Algae sheets and a clip. I had one of these before I had to shut down my tank because I was moving. It would climb the glass and sit on the Algae sheet everytime I put it in the tank. Mine stay on the glass most of the time. I use to touch it so i don't think it has an spines or is harmful.
Are algea sheets just like the sheets of seaweed that I buy (they use them for making sushi)? He has just been crawling on the rocks since I got him, hasnt gone on the glass yet.