My new NANO CUBE got some new visitors :)

giantregal

This is my Nano Cube Mini Reef
it has the following inside:
Maroon Clown
Royal Gramma
Spotted Goby
Open Neon Green Brain
Sun Coral
Super Green Mushrooms
Mini Crocea Clam
Flower Pot Green Coral
Orange Sea Fan
Orange zoo's
Green zoo's
Abalone Snail
2 margarita snails
2 turbo's
10 blue legs
4 emeralds
i want to get one more fish i am thinking about a purple firefish, but i am also open to suggestions on a good final fish to get
i am also going to get another couple of corals, any suggestions there would be great too
i have lots of supplements but im not sure if i need more or if i have what i need
I have: Kent marine: Essential elements, coral vite, coral accel, iodine, stronium & molybdenyun, and liquid reactor
do i need somethign else to get coraline grownt? or do i need anything you might think of?
thanks for the help

saltaddict

I mean this in the nicest way the Spotted Mandarin is starving you need to find him a home with enough food or give him to someone who has enogh live rock to keep him happy else he is a goner.

giantregal

i know he looks skinny
thats how he was when i bought him
i have plenty of copepods and plankton for him to eat
he has just been in there for 2 days

hagfish

I agree, that mandarin looks very thin and malnourished. GiantRegal, are you aware that they will usually only eat live food like pods? Typically a nano-cube cannot hold enough live rock (for the pods to live in) to keep a mandarin alive for long.
How long has this tank been set up? And how big is the tank? 20g?

nas19320

What kind of lighting do you have? I agree that mandarin looks horrible, its going to be impossible to keep it well fed in that small of a tank.

giantregal

it is a 12 gallon
the rock came out of my 125 which has been running for 2 years
i took the water out of it too
and took the sand out of it
the nano has been running for about 3 months
no problems levels are good
if yall think that the mandarin really cant survive i will take him out, however there are alot of live worms and pods in there from my other tank

nas19320

He may gain weight but in six months he will have exhausted the pod population as there just isn't enough room to support the needed pods.

giantregal

got ya
well im about to go fishing for my undulated trigger, then ill stick him in my 125
i have 24 watts PC lighting 10,000 and actinic

hagfish

Putting him in the 125 sounds like a good idea. Those three fish in a 12g would be a high bio-load anyway.
The maroon will get pretty big too. 6" I think so you may want to watch that.
Tank looks good! What is that on the front glass toward the bottom?

giantregal

yeah i know the maroon is gonna get big, when he does i will put him in the 125 as well :)
at the bottom front is the green flower pot coral
it is closed right now it is beautifulw hen its open