My New Nano Keeps Hiding When I Come Close To My Tank

philgmiami

IVE HAD HIM FOR 2 DAYS NOW. WHEN IM NOT NEAR THE TANK, HE SWIMS AROUND AND EATS THE SEAWEED SELET I GIVE HIM FROM THE CLIP IN MY TANK. BUT THE SECOND I WALK TOWARD MY TANK, HE HIDES BEHIND THE ROCK WORK..ARE THEY SHY?IS IT CAUSE HE IS NEW TO MY TANK?
I ALSO HAVE 2 PERC CLOWNS, WHAT OTHER FISH CAN I MIX WITH A NANO AND CLOWNS?.. I ALSO LIKE TRIGGERS,BUT HEARD THAT THEY ARE VERY BOLD. IS THERE A SWEET TRIGGER?,LOL THAT GETS ALONG WITH THESE FISH?..SOMEONE TOLD ME A NIGER TRIGGER WOULD WORK?
ALSO I LIKE ANGELS(SOME)ANY I CAN MIX WITH MY FISH?
(I ONLY LIKE FISH WITH COOL BRIGHT COLORS) BRIGHT BLUE,YELLOW,BRIGHT GREENS,RED,PINK,ORANGE,PURPLE...... NO BROWN!!!! :sleepy:
THANK YOU :happy:

nemo lover

If you don't mind me asking.. I thought a nano was a type of tank. Theres a fish called nano too?
oh naso.. lmao I real had a blonde moment.

ohiorn67

I have a naso.....she has been in my tank for about a month now. She can't come closer to me, when I am near my tank, she is right there to see me, give your naso a chance to realize you are the one that is feeding. My naso knows I am her food provider and is very very social. She follows me around to the side of the tank when walk around it...very sweet fun fish... what size is your tank?

clarkiiboi

I agree with Ohiorn67, mine was very shy at first and then it became too close for comfort when I was reaching in the tank to clean or rearrange. I had 2 sebea clowns, a coral beauty angel, a yellow tang, a pair of firefish, and a scooter blenny. I was overstocked, but on top of it in a 75. I read this thread yesterday and I cant remember your tank size, but I believe it was smaller. I have since given my naso away, and that should be a consideration for you also. As for triggers, they are better in an aggressive tank. If you like your inverts then a trigger is not a good choice. HTH

ohiorn67

I am not sure what size tank they have??? Mine is a 90 and I am going to be ordering a tank on saturday that will be at least a 180.yahoooooo, my baby will grow up in a bigger tank, right now she is fine at 4 1/2 inches....