My New Organ Pipe

mudplayerx

My camera skills are atrocious, so sorry for the shoddy pic. Here is my new organ pipe (Tubipora musica) coral. It is not really a coral, but that is the common name. It is about 9" across and cost me $45, but I used store credit to buy it. Hopefully it does well. It already has a friend.... my psychedelic mandarin was sleeping in it when I came home from work

chipmaker

NIce.....I also acquired one and its doing super. Its a dark metallic green one, that sort of has a red ouline on the fingers(?) or whatever on the polyps. Our lfs has a tank in which they just put anyhting thats either too small or just bits and pieces and let it be. and 9 out of ten items in that tank except for the fish is $5.00. The wife being a sharp eyed individual spotted a tiny dark green growth just barely visible above the sand, and since we were looking for extremely small pieces of whatever for pico tanks, she wanted it...Much to her amawzement and the store clerk, it was much larger than expected, but she took it, and it turned out to be the red tube type.......its now about 2" x 3" in surface area and the polyps are perhaps 3" with tubes of about 1 1/2"........