My new pet!

seasalt101

it was back in 95 me and my brother caught a tarantula here in texas found out they were supposed to have a mate, went to the local pet stores lookin around the cheapest we could find was like 25.00 and we were like no way am i goin to pay 25.00 for a freakin spider! went home told the spider no mate for you it literally fell over dead right then, haven't had a spider since then, and it's a true story...tobin

reefkprz

she is about 4-5 inches and no she isnt really tame, I've held her but she is kind of skittish.

team2jndd

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I got it and the set up for free, the person who had it just didnt want it anymore.
I wonder why. My brother had one that looked like that. Always creeped me out. What does it eat?

team2jndd

nooooo not the pinky mouse. lol i always feel the worst for them. thats why I never bought a snake. I always liked them but couldn't do it.

poniegirl

I've heard they are very long lived..how old is this one?
Not a spider person, myself, though I have held one that belongs to the son of a friend. Very odd feeling.

mimzy

spiders r the only bugs worth bothering about. ....because they eat other bugs! :cheer:

earlybird

Last night my cat was making some funny noises and I went over to check on her and she was playing with a spider. She hit it and hundreds of tiny spiders jumped off of the big spider. I don't mind spiders, but I steer clear when I see one, but this freaked me out. I felt as if I had spiders on me the rest of the night. In Fla we've got some crazy spiders but nothing as big as that tranch. Looks good.

renogaw

Originally Posted by Mimzy
spiders r the only bugs worth bothering about. ....because they eat other bugs! :cheer:
not the only bugs that eat bugs though.
but now i'm reconsidering that visit in august...i would just be completely freaked out if i saw a 5" spider eating a mouse. :scared:

katiev

Cool! My friend had a tarantula when I was younger -- it was so friendly. She'd crawl up and down their arms and just chill on their shoulders.