my new puppy

nicetry

Very handsome pup! Boxers are great dogs. We've had two of them. I like the dark brindle myself.
Curious if you're planning to crop the ears. I wouldn't do it again given the choice.
Good luck with him!

wablondie98664

thanks. i don't know what we are going to do about his ears yet. i want to keep them natural, and my husband likes the cropped look

nicetry

Unless you want to show the dog, cropping is not necessary. It's been banned in several European countries, and talk is that it may be dropped as a show requirement here. Potential problems include a bad crop,(too short or long), uneven ears (one stands different from the other giving the dog a lop sided look), and also increased need for cleaning. Prick eared dogs generally need to have their ears cleaned out more frequently. A good crop looks nice, but there are risks.

xhappyx

very nice looking puppy looks like my haley. yea u have to be careful with the ear cropping.. if it's not taken care of properly afterwards it can be a nightmare. my neighbor has a boxer with cropped ears and the one ear sits lopsided and has a constant ear infection..

zsalinas

We have 2 boxers and we breed the mama dog. Both of ours have cropped ears and have never had a problem. It's actually supposed to keep the ears cleaner and more accessible to cleaning. Never had one ear infection with either dog! I like the dogs with the regular ears also. It's more a matter of preference. I personally like the cropped look better. As long as you have a trust worthy vet who knows how to do it then you should be ok. We currently have 7 puppies that are 4 weeks old right now they're way cute. Mostly fawn I want a brindle bad!

wablondie98664

we are going to leave his ears natural, i just can't see putting him through that when we are probably not going to make him a show dog. here another cute pic of him trying to bite the air coming out of the fan

seannmelly

how much do you get for the pups and would you ship them? i want 1 really bad but around here in ny they want way to much, let me know

zsalinas

The whole breeding thing is my parents deal. They sell them for $600 they're papered and a really good blood line. My parents know all the specs they're way into all that stuff. I've heard it cost like $250 to ship an animal somewhere but I don't know for sure how much it is.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
The whole breeding thing is my parents deal. They sell them for $600 they're papered and a really good blood line. My parents know all the specs they're way into all that stuff. I've heard it cost like $250 to ship an animal somewhere but I don't know for sure how much it is.

well if you could could you please ask your rents if they would ship them and have them fisg out the cost to ny and mabye some pics. heres my email...vandy12069@yahoo.com.

zsalinas

Yeah I'll talk to them when I get home and see what they say. I'll try and get some pictures and drop a few to you or just post them on the board hopefully tomorrow.

zsalinas

Originally Posted by wablondie98664
his name is chase
Sorry I didn't see you had already put his name at the top of the thread. My bad. Cute name though.

king4345

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
Wow! he's big how much does he weigh lol
He weighs 110 He is 7 years old we also have all all white one with one blue eye that weighs 120 it is his son we had a litter of 9 :jumping:

zsalinas

He's a big boy for sure. My mama dog weigh like 65lbs and the daughter we kept from the first litter weighs like 40lbs. This is our 3rd and last litter. There were 10 in each litter. Lots of puppies!

zsalinas

They're not so bad when they're feedin off the mama. Right when you switch them to puppy food it turns into hell. There's so much to clean up. I told my parents if I'm gonna help I want some of the money they make lol. They just laughed at me and said yeah right. They're a lot of work but it all pays off in the end they're cute and fun to play with. You get to see them develop little personalities and everything that's always fun.