my new puppy

king4345

yes ours could not feed her puppies after week one she had an infection in her mik we had to bottle feed all 9 puppies and we both work full time that was a chore.

mimzy

WaBlondie, Chase is ADORABLE!! Glad to hear you're keeping his ears natural - you really can't dock them this late in his life without causing a whole slew of complications... not to mention putting him through a horrendous experience. The vet I work for will dock ears absolutely no later than 8 weeks of age.
Enjoy him, boxers are a GREAT breed. Very affectionate, as I'm sure you already know :eek:)
Emmit... I'm wracking my brains.... He's not a beagle, not hairy enough to be a burmese, too stocky to be a foxhound.... is he a Greater Swiss? Do tell!!! :jumping: :jumping:

emmitt

Impressive mimzy

he is a swissie. He's already 70 lbs at 19 weeks, he's such a Marmaduke. So funny to watch him play with our Pomeranians

mimzy

HAH!! YAY!!!! I gooooot it i goooooot it!! :jumping:
he is super cute. congrats on the baaaaaaaaby!!

tnt

What a beautiful boxer! I'm glad you left the ears natural too! It keeps that puppy look to them forever. Here's my Thor. He's 7 and weighs 74lbs. His dad was 110lbs but his mom was only 60lbs.

tnt

Not to highjack or anything, but Thor tore his ACL 2 years ago and had to have knee surgery. He has a metal plate in his knee with 6 screws now. We had to keep him crated for 12 weeks, only out to potty and eat. It was very difficult and expensive. Anybody else ever have a dog go through this?

zsalinas

one of my good friends have a rott and somehow when it was a puppy it snapped the ball joint off that connects the leg to the hip. They had to have this emergency surgery that ran them like 3 grand. It was really rough on them.

wablondie98664

king4345 and tnt
very nice looking boxers!!
i am interested to see how big chase is going to be. his father is 120 lbs, mom average sized female. right now at 11 weeks chase is about 16 lbs
emmitt you have a ver adorable puppy there
looks like he is going to be HUGE

wablondie98664

chase is growing so fast. those first pics i posted were actually taken when he was 8 weeks. now he is 11 weeks, he's gained 5 lbs in 3 weeks and is getting into anything and everything he can
here are a couple more pics of him. the last pic he dumped his whole toy box looking for his bone

tnt

Adorable! We have a dalmation and a boston terrier that I love dearly, but boxers have got to be the best breed!

tangwhispr

Welcome to hell!! I love my pups, but ohhh the joys of potty training...We almost got a Boxer, but decided on our Rhodesian.

chipmaker

We have a German Shepherd that had to have both hips replaced at age of 9 months. We had opted to have them cut and reposition the joints, but once they opened he rup it was impossible to rotate the joints far enough so a total joint replacement was the only option since both hips had to be done.
She is perfectly fine now. We also have 4 miniataure dachshunds, well actually the wife does...there her fur babies....alaong with a finish spitz. Two of the minature doxies had a near death experieince about 2 weeks ago when a huge rattle snake them., One w asbitten two times on the nose and cheek and the other was bit on the nose..TOuch and go for awhile there but both are dong just fine, and just yesterdaya woundup killing a large rat snake that wandered in the back yard....They never learn...and after being near death from the rattler, you would think they would give a snake a wide space of avoidance.
My other dog is a 97% hybrid Wolf....Timber wolf and alaskan malamute who is now just about 5 months old and is nothing but a big baby and lap puppy.
Sorry if I hijacked any of this thread.

chipmaker

Good lookin little fella there. I like that color myself. I would not crop the ears but thats a personal thing, only yu can decide on, although a lot of countries have banned it. From what a lot of the AKC folks are saying they expect its also gonna be the same here in the USA in regards to docking ears and tails. My neighbor has two dobermans. I never new they were dobes until one day we were talking. I inquired what kind of dog they were and the neighbor replied doberman's........No way, big floppy coon hound type ears and tail, they were not dobes.....Looked alike a skinney black and tan coon hound without the baggy skin., Actually I liked the looks of them better than the spindley eared and legged classic doberman look....

chipmaker

The percentage of the parent stock in his pedigree makes it so I am told come out to a 97% pure wolfe hyb. I amnot into genetics etc, so cannot really say, 100%, but my bill of sale and my papers n the back ground of the wolf states it at 97%. Its about as high a percentage as you can go without being considered pure bred wolf from what I am told. In a way I wished ai had a less degree of wolf but that water under the bridge. In this region having anything over 60 some percent requires a permit, and a special enclosure / run to legally keep them, so it was an added expense we had to encounter.