my new red coris wrasse

nu2salt

here he is in all his glory. Wanna guess how much I got him for He is almost 6" and SWF has him listed at $149.99.

nu2salt

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/2454606
Nice fish, Are they reef safe??

reef safe i believe so just not snail safe. from what I've read so far.Yeah I know,it was an impluse buy....Gotta learn to control that...LOL

nu2salt

Coris gaimard
Common Name Red Coris Wrasse Adult
Also known as Yellowtail Coris
Fast Facts The Adult Red Coris Wrasse varies greatly in coloration from the Juvenile Red Coris Wrasse, which is red with white saddles. This fish requires a sand bed of 3 to 4 inches for it to bury in. This beautiful fish is a rough shipper and is should not be considered by apprehensive hobbyists. If you're nervous about mail ordering fish, don't even consider shipping one, buy this one locally! This species has a high metabolism, so be sure they get enough to eat and don't keep them with boisterous fishes or fishes that to that feed too boldly.
Range in Nature Indo-Pacific
Minimum Aquarium Size 75
Diet and Feeding Requires frequent feeding. Offer a varied diet of frozen prepared foods, minced fresh table shrimp, and a good flake food. Feed at least twice a day.
Reef Aquarium Compatibility Not Recommended. This fish feeds on a wide array of invertebrates, including snails, sand-dwelling bivalves, hermit crabs, crabs, chitons, shrimp, isopods, amphipods and sea urchins. Larger individuals regularly flip over corals and live rock.
yes this was copied from another site...LOL I paid 39.99 for him and he is reaking havoc in my sand. But he is very cool to watch.

aquaknight

No way should a 75gal be the minimum. These guys get 14" and grow pretty quick. They would almost have to fold to turn around in a 55 or 75. Not to mention all the sand they kick up, you need a large enough system to handle the spikes. Like most large wrasses they love to swim and need lots of room to do so.

snipe

do some searchin you can find it. When you have searched as much as I have on the net you come across some really good deals now and then. But I cannot post the link so sorry ya have to find on your own.

mikedog

This is my juvi red coris wrasse. I hope someday he looks like yours. Usually you can get the juvi's for cheap, but the adults fetch a much higher price. I have had mine for almost a year, and he has finally got his schedule right to where I get to see him for a few hours a day. I have gone weeks at a time without seeing mine, cause he would be out while I was at work.

mavis1032

NU2 are you still happy with the coris? I picked one up 2 days ago and she is beautiful but after the first night I can not find her she stays burried in the sand all of the time.