My new Shrimp :)

05xrunner

Got him today..Have been wanting to pick one up for a good while now.
Finally did. I hope it doesnt eat the stars tooo fast

that thing is simply incredible. i hope it does well. i have always wanted some type of colorful and cool looking shrimp. good find

05xrunner

I will try..I dont know how often it will be out. Its in my rocks but I can atleast see where its at.

adroitmind

PLEASE post your experiences with this guy. My local lfs has a pair and i am always fighting the urge to take them home. If i hear about a good experience i will buy them in a second!

05xrunner

I will...I have been fighting with myself as well about getting one. I lost the fight. It shouldnt be too hard to take care of it. I just hope I see it alot

adroitmind

I am worried abou them being out in the open too. They are so small that i can see how they could get lost in my 75g. At $50 bucks for the pair i better be able to see them alot!

kevin34

Where do you get the stars for them? Can you post a pic of the stars so I can see what they look like? I am also debating whether to get a pair of these or not.

rubberduck

Originally Posted by AdroitMind
I am worried abou them being out in the open too. They are so small that i can see how they could get lost in my 75g. At $50 bucks for the pair i better be able to see them alot!
you would put them in there own tank to make the food easy and availible to find. i have heard of them eating a 4" chocolate chip star in 3 days. Good luck and keep us posted. Great pic too ***)

05xrunner

I thought mine went in the rocks for good..I looked over and he it came...talkin a walk on the sand bed.
They are real small ones..usually come on live rock and multiply fast

adroitmind

RUBBERDUCK said:
you would put them in there own tank to make the food easy and availible to find.QUOTE]
Um no, i would put them in my 75g. They seem to be able to find food in the ocean, and it's quite a bit bigger.

05xrunner

LOL this dude is SWEET...He came out on the sand. Looked at me and started Swinging its claws around like the Karate Kid. Then walked back in the rocks...LOL he is SWEET

adroitmind

What size tank do you have 05xrunner?
P.S. 100th post, read it and weep suckas.Well OK, you don't have to weep.

adroitmind

How long are you planning to acclimate the stars? Knowing they are just meat bags for the shrimp and are going to die anyway.

rubberduck

AdroitMind said:
Originally Posted by RUBBERDUCK
you would put them in there own tank to make the food easy and availible to find.QUOTE]
Um no, i would put them in my 75g. They seem to be able to find food in the ocean, and it's quite a bit bigger.
so your telling me you have the same density of food as the ocean, do you have a huge star that could last it months. does your tank even have anything more than some coraline lr, probley not, you have nowhere near the food density as the ocean. Its not Size its food availibility. COuld you get enough food to feed 2 shrimp every week, the ocean can and its "bigger"