My new snails

shinobi9119

I got snails in the mail for my first living animals in my tank. I drip acclimated them.. n now they are in my tank. But a lot of them havent moved.
All my nerite's are fina and my nass seem to be doin good.
but my florida ceirth's, and goldea astreas and 2 limpets dont seem to be movin at all. Are they dead or do they need longer to adjust????
Some of the ceirths n limpets were sticking to stuff in the acclimation container. But the astreas are doing anything.

bang guy

Well, the obvious causes are eliminated.
Could be they overheated in the shipping box. All I can suggest is to hope the pull through.
Do you have other animals in the tank that are doing well?

shinobi9119

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2645982
Well, the obvious causes are eliminated.
Could be they overheated in the shipping box. All I can suggest is to hope the pull through.
Do you have other animals in the tank that are doing well?
NO these are my first animals in the tank. I checked htis morning and 3 out of 5 florida ceirths have moved n buried themselves in the sand, and one of limpets moved. SO now its only the astreas n one limpet that may be dead. Do astreas usually have a hard time adjusting to a new tank?

shinobi9119

they4 astreas are dead, they didnt react to being touched, they havent moved, n they smell awful(like poo). I pretty sure 2 or the ceirths are even snails, just shells?!?!

bang guy

Copper, Ammonia, and Osmotic Shock are the most common causes of quick snail death. How long did you drip them? Do you know what the salinity of the water they came in was?
The Specific Gravity was 1.026, what is the temp of the water and how did you test the S.G.?