my new SOLID WHITE palys

zoie2

it's so funny because when i got my 12 gal. my goal was to have coral in every color of the rainbow. i didn't think white would be pretty, but i must say those are beautiful!

cranberry

Ummm... I have some of those... it's called "Bleached Palys". Albeit, it's been awhile and the colour is just barely coming back, but when they went into the dark LR bin they had colour.
Before the bin they were "Hitchhiker Paly Colour".

hmm, i got them from a friend who had them 8 months, and they've always been white. that's why she bought them. I like them either way

cranberry

I'm not trying say they are not nice, it's actually quite beautiful. Mine has been back under light for like a year and are barely getting a slight hue of colour in them. Yours could be an extraordinary colour when they come back in... who knows!

IMHO, I do not thnk these are bleached. They have been like this for so long with
NO change whatsoever in color/hue. They spread like crazy and have an amazing growth rate. I hope they stay white if they are bleached, cause I dont want any run of the mill palys. But again, I'm pretty sure they are going to stay white. I guess the only thing I can do is wait and see if they color up, I have a 150w mh they are about to be under. Also, bc so many ppl think Im just here to make money off of dieing palys, your wrong, I thought I had something that others would find as interesting as I did. I wont be getting rid of any of them for a while, and just keep all of them for myself I guess.
Sorry if my post sounds rude. I wasnt trying to be, I'm just a little annoyed with the situation at hand.

spanko

Renee, if Happity is getting new ones popping up and they are also white wouldn't that be an indication that they are a white morph of some kind. Seems like new ones would come out colored at first then bleach afterwards. IDK for sure but just something else to discuss.

nw2salt08

Either way...they are beautiful and am glad that you're enjoying them. That's the most important part.
Love the white

cranberry

Originally Posted by happityLogan
http:///forum/post/2945969
IMHO, I do not thnk these are bleached. Also, bc so many ppl think Im just here to make money off of dieing palys, your wrong, I thought I had something that others would find as interesting as I did. I wont be getting rid of any of them for a while, and just keep all of them for myself I guess.
I ceratainly didn't think you were trying to sell dying palys because you are not allowed to sell on this site. And bleached doesn't equate dying at any rate.
I was really just trying to have a discussion... I don't know why people have to be so angry all the time. I wasn't trying to insult... just share some information about experiences I've had.
Originally Posted by spanko

http:///forum/post/2945983
Renee, if Happity is getting new ones popping up and they are also white wouldn't that be an indication that they are a white morph of some kind. Seems like new ones would come out colored at first then bleach afterwards. IDK for sure but just something else to discuss.
The babies still come back as white... don't ask me why because I have no idea. Then eventually a little colour sneaks back in but it seems to take FOREVER.
Anyway, if anyone wants to have a fun discussion about bleaching (in another thread) I'd be up for it. I know I have pictures of different corals going through the process and regaining colour.... they are however on a disorganized 1tb external hard drive.
Here's a pic of mine that were bleached after I had placed them in the LR bin.

vmartino

Yea they are bleached. I have a colony of bright blue palys and when I fragged them and moved them to my other tank i had some facing downwards into the shade. They turned snow white. Its pretty cool I have to admit but they are starting to turn blue again after about a month.

groupergenius

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2945983
From my understanding, the colony shares food as well as zooanthalle (sp). Which gives them their color.