my new super rare zoos $$$

ill get a new pic tommorow. i cant seem to remember the name... and id not like to say what i paid BUT it was cheaper then i thought it would be!

bluering09

Congrats! mines look like yours zoos (the ones in the middle with nice blue) but my heads are a lil smaller. I m interested in knowing the name of these zoos too.

tankgeeks

not always the case, but usually the case: most of the "super rare" specimens are purchased only in smaller frags, as they a) can take a lot longer to grow out due to slower growth rates and b) cost too much per polyp to be able to buy a larger colony (most places would rather chop them up and maximize profits).... Please be careful of people (both hobbyists or retailers) labeling corals as "super rare" to just market them better and help justify their undeservingly high price tag. Either way the most important part is that YOU like them!!!

spiderwoman

If you got them from Mr Coral, they always label everything *super rare* or *ultra rare*. If you don't know the name of the zoo, how do you know that you didn't get ripped off? If you are getting a *super rare* zoo, your seller will be blasting the name all over.

metweezer

Try posting in the "Hitchikers and "ID please" Forum on this board. Hopefully you will get an answer to your question.

billy73

Looks similar to some I have blue purple palys with muti color speckles (mainly green) If you come across a name please let me know I paid $50 a polyp and they could not tell me a name. I have looked on and off for a couple months for one!

kholla12

Originally Posted by billy73
http:///forum/post/2644813
Looks similar to some I have blue purple palys with muti color speckles (mainly green) If you come across a name please let me know I paid $50 a polyp and they could not tell me a name. I have looked on and off for a couple months for one!
Why would you pay 50 dollars for a polyp of something you dont even know what its called.You can look on zoaid for some help with nameing.

copeseter

I think no matter if you know the name or not, if you are willing to pay the price, how can you consider it being ripped off.

spiderwoman

Ripped off in the sense that if in reality you can buy the same zoa for $5/head. If you don't know what you are buying, then I guess you need to get ripped off. Willing to pay something because you don't know what you are buying vs willing to pay something you know what you are buying are two different things.