My New Tank in our retail store

tbo

I think we have around $20,000.00 so far Custom made Star fire glass five feet wide 37" high double bow 36”wide I have learned lots from this site took around 8 months to put together. Then sent tank to Jewelry case maker and they did an awesome job from there, even put two Hydraulic gas springs to open the top like the trunk of a car.
• Two turbo sea closed loupe 1268 GPH pumps see pic’s.
• 75 gal refug.
• 35 gal RO holding tank(auto top off)
• 100 gal per day RO unit.
• 3, 400 watt metal halide
• 4, VHO’s 4foot.
• Three moon lights.
• Red sea wave maker.
• Protein skimmer
• Small UV sterilizer(didn’t want to kill all bacteria)
Believe it or not I am just a beginner, I just let my maintenance guy go... as he seemed more harm than good and when he put a $80.00 ICK tang in my tank that was the last straw. For example when I got the Cyno Bacteria(He wanted to dose with chemicals) I cut the lights off just like a guy on your site recommended worked like a champ no Cyno for a month now. I just want to say check out my tank just starting to add corals thanks for all the help from everyone last year.
More pic's next post.

N

nluchau

Sweet setup- What kind of retail store is that in. Also can you get close up's of the tank?
Thanks for sharing

reefnut

Very nicely done!! One problem though... your customers will be drawn away from your merchandise and pulled toward that beautiful tank!!

tbo

Us to, who cares about the store when you have this to enjoy. But we have a tank to support, back to reality.

E

exile415

you should charge just to come in and look at that the tank .. *drool

thangbom

..... bro you are sick!!!! sick i tell u!!!! lol.. thay is friggin awsome... (1 sec.. need to clean my keybord .. darn the drool) on back..
.. that is friggin awsome..!!! wish i had that... and everything els u have... (other than the wife and kids, bills, u know the bad stuff)

tbo

The tank itself we got out of Canada it was around 5,000 and 7 months(which was awesome as we were quoted in the states around 10,000 for starfire) then we shipped to Miami to jewelry case company(they freaked out and would not take it out of the crate afraid of breaking it, So I had to drive down to help design the casing) that was another $5,000 then with freight all over the country and everything else we are real close to 20,000 and we aren’t done yet with the corals. I was thinking of driving to Ft Pearce to SWF.com and maybe hand pick some corals does anyone know if I can do that?

tbo

Yea that’s what the local fish guys kept saying, "That's the sickest, tightest tank that I ever saw” I’m starting to learn the fish lingo.

wanabebell

awsome tank but ive got one idea
you get some big black sheets and cover them on your tank
then you buy a coin slot thing (like on a pool table) then make a 25 c. charge
when sonbody puts in a quarter the shets go up for 2 min and then closes until another quarter is put in

lennon

Awesome tank.
Can i ask you where you got the starfire tank? I have been trying to find out how much different it is than a regular allglass tank. My LFS said they can have it made..but it will be more like double to triple the price of regular glass. Why though?
thanks

lennon

Originally Posted by Lennon
Awesome tank.
Can i ask you where you got the starfire tank? I have been trying to find out how much different it is than a regular allglass tank. My LFS said they can have it made..but it will be more like double to triple the price of regular glass. Why though?
thanks