My New Tank!

drewsta

Ok so here is my new tank I had 4 feet of space to work with and this is the tank I got its an oceanic 115. All I have to say is NEVER get a tank 32 inches deep its not a wise decision! I love the way it looks but it is killing my patience, spirit, my spine and my time to arrange this thing. BTW I am 5'9 lol I need stilts. Anyway tell me what you think?
p.s. All the corals aren't open because I just moved stuff around again. BTW I can't touch the sandbed.......

emmitt2

Very nice tank!
Lol, yeah your arms dont look like they are 32" long. I'm 6'0 and my new tank is only 24" and i can tell it will be a little bit of a problem getting to the back bottom.
Hmmm... I think i can guess your next purchase...........TONGS

miamireefr

Drewsta that is sweet!!! IS this to add on to the 75 you already have or you moving things around??? Man I have my 46 for now but soon to setup a cube in my sons room and going to do either a 90 in the living room or bigger... Sweet looking man keep it up!

drewsta

Thank you for all the compliments after some stability problems with the 75G I decided to take it down this is replacing it. Yea this thing is killing my back its 62 inches tall on the stand.......
Anyway if anyone has some ideas on corals or anything to make it look more full I have open ears it looks pretty bare...

drewsta

This is me standing right next to this freakin thing I wish I wish I would have got a shorter tank

miamireefr

Drewsta I would suggest since you got some MH action going on definitely if it were me which soon enough I will be in the same showes of a bigger tank is saving some cash and gettng a nice big SPS spiral coral or branching coral but BIG to really have something stand out.... I love frags like the nest person but damn the big pieces are just purely gorgreos and show...And from what I have read on posts for the time being here you seem definitely more than compitent to maintain those suckers now go BUY BUY BUY..

drewsta

First off thanks for the kind words. Second I was thinking of doing that its just going to be expensive I will have to get rid of my 20k lights and do 10K to get enough light to the bottom of this monster most of my tank is also LPS so i'm not sure how it would work out??? But I might just give it a shot if I do I will deff. post some pics

drewsta

Just got in my 2 SEIO 1100 pumps in the mail. Anyone have any experiance with them do the angles look ok to everyone? Any advice on them would be welcome.. BTW they are pretty big lol

kronnk7

Nice tank drew, very nice. I have my eye on a 180 at work for an upgrade in a couple years.
Make sure you keep us updated.

drewsta

Well here are a few pics of my tank today I did some reorganizing and got about 25Lbs of lr I also had an interesting hitch hiker on one of my rocks (a Lunare wrasse) Here are some pics enjoy

zanoshanox

I just got the same fixture but with onyl a single mh for my 46 bow...And I havent had problems with it so far, although i onyl set it up to make sure everything works...I think im gonna add some 10k t-5's to my tank though so it wont look so blue!

drewsta

Yea I like the lights except the fan that came with it broke so I had to order 2 new ones and next week I will be ordering the 175W MH 10K lights so I can keep clams on the sand bed I the 20k's don't give off enough light to the bottom of my tank

zanoshanox

Indeed, it sort of puzzles me as to who they would make the lights with 20 k bulbs and throw the acinics on...They should come standard with 10 k's, IMO.

drewsta

Well I guess it boils down to personal preference I think the 20Ks are more eye pleasing but they dont grow the corals the way I want them too. So I guess they figure saltwater lights must be blue
lol