My New Tank!

promisetbg

Beautiful tank...smile will ya?
Hey...get yourself some coral/reef tongs, they will help you grab stuff and aquascape. Just a thought..

yimmy

Originally Posted by emmitt2
Very nice tank!
Lol, yeah your arms dont look like they are 32" long. I'm 6'0 and my new tank is only 24" and i can tell it will be a little bit of a problem getting to the back bottom.
Hmmm... I think i can guess your next purchase...........TONGS

I'm 15 years old, 6ft 2...I can reach to the bottom of my 25in tank. My wingspan is larger than my height though by 4in. Awesome tank BTW...nice aquascaping

drewsta

Here are a few pics of my new beautiful fish you can also see my ray in the bottom of the first one enjoy

shlovell16

Awsome!

Looks terrific, did you paint the back black yourself or did you buy the tank like that?
anyways....More pictures please!!!!!! (including some of the sting ray)

oceanists

Drewsta that is a awesome tank.... nice aquascaping , and nice tang ...... actually the whole thing is sweet

drewsta

Originally Posted by SHLovell16
Awsome!

Looks terrific, did you paint the back black yourself or did you buy the tank like that?
anyways....More pictures please!!!!!! (including some of the sting ray)

Yes I painted the back with flat black spray paint it turned out great!!! As requested here are some pics of "BABY RAY" thats what my girlfriend named him
the last one is of my longnose hawkfish

drewsta

Originally Posted by Oceanists
Drewsta that is a awesome tank.... nice aquascaping , and nice tang ...... actually the whole thing is sweet
Thank you

shlovell16

Wow, your ray is incredible!
How does he act around your other fish? What do you feed him? and how large will he get?
(sorry about the Q's, i know nothing about Rays)

drewsta

Hey is a yellow spot Mex Ray, he will get about 3' long and about 2' in diameter. I have a 225G he will go in when he gets bigger. He is fine around my other fish they don't bother him and he doesn't bother them. I feed him krill, silversides and lancefish all frozen and dipped in garlic

nygel

I'm kinda interested in rays in teh future and was wondering some thigns about them too, but i dont suppose you know much about all rays, cuz i want the smallest one possible in the smallest tank possible, although i was thinking about a custom wide/ long tank thats not high at all, sweet tank all around though, liek it alot.

drewsta

Originally Posted by nYgel
I'm kinda interested in rays in teh future and was wondering some thigns about them too, but i dont suppose you know much about all rays, cuz i want the smallest one possible in the smallest tank possible, although i was thinking about a custom wide/ long tank thats not high at all, sweet tank all around though, liek it alot.
Talk to PSUSOCR1 he has 2 california rays in a semi community tank he knows more about all diff. types of rays. Also your idea about the long/wide tank would be a great idea I have been tossing ideas around about making a custom acrylic one :thinking:

nygel

how much you think a custom one would run? just curious if you know... im self funded and 16 with no job..haha, so money is hard to grab, but if i have a good reason i can get it.. i read they can be with no sand, but i think itd be cooler with sand, thanks tho, i like urs alot

drewsta

Imo sand is a great idea they like to cover themselves with sand when they sleep or are threatened. I don't know a custom acrylic tank mmmmmm dimensions like 6'x6' would cost around $400 around here.

drewsta

I have a glass tank but my girl wants a ray pond so i'm working on an acrylic design for one in my spare time (which i don't have much of
)