My new wrasse

hattrick58

I received my flasher wrasse on thursday and he is a beauty. He became used to the tank and his new tank mates rather quickly. Yesterday he started darting around and I got this sick feeling in my gut. That is usually a sign of stress, at least in my experience. This morning about 4:30, the dog woke me up and I could see the glow of the VHO's from my bedroom. They are on a timer and were supposed to be off at this time. I got out of bed to turn the lights off & when I got to the tank, I saw the wrasse laying on the dsb under a rock. Man, I was crushed! I reached in to get him and he suddenly took off. He hid pretty well as I couldn't find him. I called my wife and daughter from work asking if they had seen him and they hadn't. Later in the morning my daughter left me a voice mail saying she had seen the wrasse. That really didn't help, but it did give me a little hope. Got home about 3:30 and looked at the tank. The wrasse is swimming around normally and apparantly all is well. I guess they sleep on the ground. He's probably wondering why I was messing with him so early in the morning. :p

liznkenny

We have a sixline wrasse and he sleeps on the sand every night. He also hangs out during the day on the sand while laying on his side. I too thought he was dead or close to it the second day we had him. He has earned the name Flounder from this trait.

T

thomas712

Originally posted by liznkenny
We have a sixline wrasse and he sleeps on the sand every night. He also hangs out during the day on the sand while laying on his side. I too thought he was dead or close to it the second day we had him. He has earned the name Flounder from this trait.

This sounds like very odd behavior for a 6 line wrasse :confused: