My new zoos!

jerthunter

Tell me what you guys think! I love the look of these zoos!
I have noticed that at night snails and hermit crabs climb all over the closed zoos, Is this normal? Is it dangerous for the zoos?
Thanks

jerthunter

A quick question, what is a good thing to feed zoos? I used to spot feed my other zoos with mysis shrimp but these guys are way to small for that. I just purchased some Kent PhytoPlex will this be good for them?
I am really proud of my new zoos so let me know what you guys think!

toyshika

Originally Posted by bluehippo3
they look great!!!

phtoplex will be fine. i dont think you need to spot feed them.

Filter Feed???

jerthunter

Wow, I only got one person to comment on my new zoos, I guess they aren't as awesome as I thought. Oh well here is another picture, and I'll throw in a picture of my Xenia that has moved up to a higher rock, and one picture of some tiny-tiny polyps that I am hoping isn't something bad. If anyone knows what the third picture is, please let me know.

jmick

Very nice Zoas! I feed mine nothing but lots of light and they do very well.
The last pic looks like hydroids...not a good thing.

fedukeford

sweet zoos!! if you dont mind me asking, how much did you get them for, the polyp things kinda look like aptasia, but im not expert

jerthunter

Thanks! I was just looking and came to the conclusion that they were hydroids. Any ideas on a good way to get rid of them? Would joe's juice work?

jerthunter

Originally Posted by fedukeford
sweet zoos!! if you dont mind me asking, how much did you get them for, the polyp things kinda look like aptasia, but im not expert
Thanks! I paid about 20 for them I think...

lemonpeel2

Nice zoos.........but no offense you got ripped off. The aptasia is nuisance in the tank. They can seriously damage other corals in the tank. And the fact that the LFS sold them to you for $20 is just so infuriating. But the zooos you bought are sweet

fishieness

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
Thanks! I was just looking and came to the conclusion that they were hydroids. Any ideas on a good way to get rid of them? Would joe's juice work?
no, hydroids are hollow so injecting them wouldnt do a lot. plus they are everywhere. lowering nutrients is usualy the best way.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by LemonPeel2
Nice zoos.........but no offense you got ripped off. The aptasia is nuisance in the tank. They can seriously damage other corals in the tank. And the fact that the LFS sold them to you for $20 is just so infuriating. But the zooos you bought are sweet

Oh, no didn't get the hydroids from the store, The zoos I got from the store, paid $20 for that... They are definately hydroids not aiptisia, I've had my share of aiptisia before but now that I got rid of them I have something else to worry about..