My not so aggressive Lion fish

This is my lion fish That I have had for some time now and he is not aggressive at ALL... I mean he lives with 3 clown fish which one of them is about a half inch long... He also lives with a cleaner shrimp who actually cleans him off its so weird watching it! but here is a picture of my Lionfish named Mufasa!!!!

U

usirchchris

Nice looking lion
. I think you are lucky...I would be scared to put a lion in with decorative shrimp and clowns. Bonus for you

I know! the shrimp was an offering lol kind of sad but my friend wanted it to get gobbled up by the lionfish but instead the lion fish will open up his mouth and let the shrimp clean its so weird watching it! and no problems what so ever with the clown fish I MEAN NONE not even chasing them!

hammerhed7

nice looking lion, he still looks young though, how long have you had him? As he grows the clowns odds for survival will drop, but some lions have been known to co exist with small fish for life. I know a guy who kept his full grown lion with a school of about 20 chromis, and he added a second lion about 5" and the chromis were history.

windlasher

my cleaner also cleans my clown, but i still worry that one day there will be no cleaner when i get home. right now he is in the QT until he learns to eat frozen. LOL

srfisher17

I've had this happen a couple of times; but both times the lion figured out his genetic make-up. I suspect this one will too; and it isn't a matter of "if", (IMO&IME) its when. I sure wouldn't trust any lion with anything it can swallow, which is often bigger than the owner suspects, for any length of time. BTW: i really don't consider a lion "aggressive", it will very seldom bother anything it can't swallow whole. I think they are bullied more than they bully others.

camfish

That is a very beautiful lionfish (and tank, I might add) So what exactly are you feeding this fish, just randomly curious?

Originally Posted by camfish
http:///forum/post/2655325
That is a very beautiful lionfish (and tank, I might add) So what exactly are you feeding this fish, just randomly curious?
Well thank you for all the replies first of all!!!! :) well I feed Mufasa hehe, Silver sides and chromis Damsels alive (kind of alive anyway I stab them a few times with my feeding rod and then hold them by there rear fin and let the lion take them from my hand) every now and then he will eat the frozen blocks that I feed my clowns. I had 14 chromis damsels in the tank they were my test fish to test my water after I moved and they lived just fine for some time and then he started to hunt them down went from 14 to 1 :( thank goodness though I hate those fish, I believe my anemone ate a few of them too but no proof. the last damsel is smart he pretty much stays in my rock cave I have in the tank.
I have also noticed that he is not too aggressive for the most part he chills near the power head awaiting his food seeing how thats where I have always fed him.
another pretty funny thing about him is that he is very photogenic for someone reason if I stand in front of the tank he will go about his business with no problem but soon as I bust out that camera he goes nuts, right up to the glass and no matter where I point the camera he will follow :)

here are two more pics for you guys! btw he is about 6-7 inches long and maybe the same in width with his side fins. maybe a little larger but no real way to tell and I am most deff not going to whip him out and put a ruler to him lol.

I LOVE MUFASA!
the only thing wrong with him is that he has a broken fin :( it has been like that for as long as I can remember I always wished it would fix. but oh well, hes healthy and happy :)