My Official Progress Thread (75gl)

drpaul84

ok that sounds good, ill have to adjust it later right now i have the regulars going for about 6 hours then the actinics going for 4 hours an the lunars just go 24/7 ill adjust it accordingly but probably ill adjust it so its a little later in the day, since no one is home during the day i want to enjoy it at night when im home

coraljunky

Originally Posted by drpaul84
ok that sounds good, ill have to adjust it later right now i have the regulars going for about 6 hours then the actinics going for 4 hours an the lunars just go 24/7 ill adjust it accordingly but probably ill adjust it so its a little later in the day, since no one is home during the day i want to enjoy it at night when im home
Everyone has their tanks set up different. I let my actincs run 1 1/2 hrs before and after daylights(on for 9hrs). It's easy if your using a dual timer.

drpaul84

yea , i just have 2 separate times right now, they do the job i just need to adjust it so they over lap during the day more right now i have it backwards lol they are on separately during the day an only over lap for about an hour during the day, you think i will be able to have anemones and or some corals with my current lights?

jpc763

hey anyone think i can have any corals or anemones in my tank??
Leathers and Shrooms for sure. Zoos and LPS probably. SPS, I would say no.
Anemone, I am not sure.

jpc763

ok sounds good, wonder what i should get first, hrmm lol i want my tank to be colorfull an pretty!
I started with Shrooms and Zoos. They are pretty easy to take care of.

saltn00b

most people put actinics on first and stay on all day, going off last. your 10ks should come on after the actinics (1-2 hours) and go off before the actinics (1-2) hours.
you should have a total of about 10 hours of light, mine are actually on about 12.5 hours with no problems. moonlights can be left on either all night or most of the night, some will argue for this, i doubt it makes much of a difference. when my moonlights were functioning i left them on 24/7 because during the day the had no effect.

drpaul84

sounds good, i just ordered a clean up crew, the 55-100 gallon one, and also ordered 5 pepperment shrimp and the group of 3 feather dusters and i got a free pink tip anemone, hope it ships out today if not ima be crying all weekend having to wait lol...

drpaul84

i want to set up my sump but i need guidance, im debating what size tank to get (its going to be under my DT) it will be housing my skimmer (Aquamedic t-1000) going to put the heater in there some live rock and all that fun stuff, so a refugium, skimmer section return, all that good stuff, im not too confused on setting that up, only thing im confused is on the return an feed's do i get a simple over flow that has the part that goes in the tank then siphons into the outside part then down the bulkhead into the sump or do i get the u tube over flow, and how do i know how big of a pump to get, if i get a 800gph over flow do i get a 800gph pump? someone please give me some advice, also im gettin my cleanup crew tuesday im excited, i got a ton of algea growth, ive cut down my lights to a 7 hour cycle, also going to be getting my RO/DI soon so that should help with the water quality big time! ive got the white dots on my glass, im pretty certain its from my snails but how can i be sure, they tiny hard white dots.....ok i know that is a lot of info in one post but i would extremly appreciate any help...

jpc763

i want to set up my sump but i need guidance, im debating what size tank to get (its going to be under my DT) it will be housing my skimmer (Aquamedic t-1000) going to put the heater in there some live rock and all that fun stuff, so a refugium, skimmer section return, all that good stuff, im not too confused on setting that up, only thing im confused is on the return an feed's do i get a simple over flow that has the part that goes in the tank then siphons into the outside part then down the bulkhead into the sump or do i get the u tube over flow, and how do i know how big of a pump to get, if i get a 800gph over flow do i get a 800gph pump? someone please give me some advice, also im gettin my cleanup crew tuesday im excited, i got a ton of algea growth, ive cut down my lights to a 7 hour cycle, also going to be getting my RO/DI soon so that should help with the water quality big time! ive got the white dots on my glass, im pretty certain its from my snails but how can i be sure, they tiny hard white dots.....ok i know that is a lot of info in one post but i would extremly appreciate any help...
My sump/fuge has an overflow box with a U-Tube going down and a QuietOne pump coming back up. I made my own return unit with PVC so I could put a ball valve in it. I use the ball valve to even out the return. Look at the pumps on this site and others and be sure to measure how far up you will be going as that decreases the flow the pump can manage.
The tiny hard white dots are probably small tube worms. Look at them through a magnifying glass and you should see a spiral shape. I just clean them off with a MagFloat.