My pc's are going dim, only 4 months old.

fishkiller

I bought this JBJ 2x65 about 4 months ago if not less. It came w/ a 10k white bulb and an actinic. Now, when I first got it, it did not seem as bright as the 55 I had on it before. Then about 2-3 weeks ago, I noticed my tank taking on more of a blue shade. The white bulb does not seem near as bright as it was. Is it possible that the bulb is already gettting old, or maybe somebody bought and returned it after some use. I don't know, maybe the bulbs are cheap. Has this happened to anyone? What's the deal? Who is better? JBJ or AG???

X

xxchris060

Bulbs do change with time and there intensity does also. I would not worry about it unless you see a change in anything as far as sea life. It may be your mind also. I once tried a cheaper brand by panisonic and hated them now i use custom sea life.
Hope this helps

harrysreef

I agree with chriss just watch your reef see if it notices the changes and reacts. If they notice then make changes but sometimes bulbs fail earlier than we like them to.

corky

After running an actinic pc bulb for a year I replaced it with a new one. After about 4 months the new bulb had drastically faded. (JbJ 55 watt.)

carter

the product itself is no good. Their lights are real faulty. Invest in a set of custom Sea life power compacts if you can't afford Halides.
you'll be much happier. The JBJ ballasts are bad...the end caps are bad...and the bulbs too. all around they are not a good product.