My perfect LEDcombination

acrylic51

I have only seen 1 tank with the reds, and the tank actually looked good, but you could easily pinpoint where the led was located, and I think it was run to high.....The thread I was referring to was titled something like The Emperor isn't wearing clothes???? I have to call the guy back at Jameco and see what drivers and such he has.....It seems everyone is waiting stock on drivers.
I'm under the impression that the reds aren't driven as nearly as hard as say the whites and blues. I thought I had again read something in the nature of 300-350ma?????

1snapple

Back to the question of using red or green LEDs, No i Haven't, I tried a red LED in my spectrum, but while soldering it in, it blew, and didn't work, that led into a whole re-wiring of every single led

1snapple

Also, I am going to be doing an 18g cube, SPS dominate soon, and I am going to use this LED array, but when something seems to be losing color or what not I am going to buy another driver, and more LEDs, then wire up the blues and the whites on their own dimming circuit.

2quills

Hey guys, here's a shot of the optics sketch. 40, 60 and 80 degree. I think the xpg's have slightly different degree optics but this is just to give a general idea of what kind of spread they put out.

acrylic51

I think your right about different angle optics for the XP-G's.......I was thinking about wider optics on my build around the edges of the heat sink to cover the area under the eurobracing......Good sketch up!!!!! Thanks for the leg work.......

1snapple

Oh, as you know I bought the LEDs from rapidled.com and the optics I have for crees do NOT work for them, they don't even look like CREE LEDs

acrylic51

Funny you should mention that Josh!!!! I was reading another thread and that was the same complaint as well about the rapid lenses not fitting correctly. I wonder if it's all lenses, or I there selling a knock off version???

2quills

Which ones do you have Josh. They do make different lenses for xp-g and xre. They also need to be glued on.

1snapple

After further inspection i got the XR-Es not the XPs, no bug deal, they both run at the same amount and both have almost an identical draw so no worries, im going to wait on optics until they are over my cube, after they are on the cube i will determine if I NEED lenses.

reefraff

I have been using a combination of Royal Blues, Cool, neutral and warm white and 420 violet LED's for about 6 months and love the color I am getting. I am going to add another dozen LED, mostly royal blue just for giggles and I want a little more PAR but it looks pretty good after 7 months.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/386254/my-perfect-ledcombination/20#post_3394398
I have been using a combination of Royal Blues, Cool, neutral and warm white and 420 violet LED's for about 6 months and love the color I am getting. I am going to add another dozen LED, mostly royal blue just for giggles and I want a little more PAR but it looks pretty good after 7 months.
Hey Reef are you driving those all at the same current? What is your ratio of blues to whites, and how many 420's? I would ask for pics but we would never be able to tell what it really looked like anyways.

acrylic51

My initial plan at this point on spacing is 2.5" center to center and 2.5" between rows.....Reef I'd be curious to see pics!!!!!

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Snapple http:///forum/thread/386254/my-perfect-ledcombination/20#post_3394478
I too would like pictures, how many rows shawn?
Josh tentatively I'm looking at 9 rows with 17 LEDs per row.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/thread/386254/my-perfect-ledcombination/20#post_3394398
Any link to the violet LEDs.......