my poor clowny

drea

i just got a pair of percs for my gf about 2 weeks ago.. the bigger one was always hiding, never really swimming and today he is breathing heavy and swimming eraticly.. He did some flips and now is laying on his side...
amonia 0
ph 8.3
nitrite 0
nitrate under 20
the other clown is smaller and doing great, i also have a yellow goby and a hippo in the tank.....
what could have been his problem?

speg

Its hard to say... any spots on the fish?
It could be cyanide... was he wild?
Was he eating?
If he was wild... consider tank raised. You'll have far better luck.

drea

no, no film at all, no spots... he wasn't eating at all.. i just hope this dosen't effect my other fish

S

sykomagnet

it sounds like the start of ich. It doesnt always show until the last minute...
The first symptom is they start acting weird...
Watch out for white spots and treat it asap.

drea

idk he was wild though... i'm gonna get a new one for free, its not fair to sell me a crap fish

magooo2

Welcome to the Hobby of salt water aquariums. Not fair is correct,but most lfs 's dont have a conscience , just a bottom line. Thats just my 2 cents.

drea

so true... i've been dropping so much $$$ at this place and they have an amazing selection, thats why i'm surprised.... I'm going to complain to see if I can get another one for free

fishcity

all depends on what they have for a fish warranty , my lfs has a two day policy , which is not very good i think, a TR clown or damsel could live in a bathtub for 2 days ...

drea

well i got him for a discount and now the new one swims everywhere w/ the other and they sleep together too, very happy!

salsells

good for you, i have two perc clowns and they are never away from each other. I noticed one keeps rooting in the sand under my LR could he be nesting???The other just seems to watch. Anyone know???? :jumping: :jumping: