My proud 20g long

goldpuffer

This is my 20L that has been up for about 6 months. To me I think it's perfect except I worry about the carpet anenome moving a round sometimes. I am open to a lot of opinions about him. Should I leave him in there for a while or trade him for a coral or two?
This is what's in the tank:
Bubble Tip Aneneme
Carpet Anenome
Pineapple coral
Green Brain Coral
6 blue leg hermets
4 red leg hirmets
2 Brittle starfish
about 20 snails
2 Emerald Crabs
Lobster
Pigmy angel fish
Lawnmower Blennie

vejomatic

very nice...i like, i like... :happyfish I will be picking up my 20L on Friday and hope to get water and rock in it this weekend.
so GoldPuffer, how does the pigmy like it in the 20? I was thinking of getting a flame or bi-color dwarf in my 20L
~vm

laddy

Looks very clean.
What kind of sand did you use?
What kind of lighting do you have?

K

kimc

Is that a Blue Spiny Lobster?? I have wanted to get one of those but heard some bad things about lobsters... Does your lobster terrorize other inhabitants?? How long is it?? Do you spot feed it??

goldpuffer

Jebo power compact 192 watts
Bio wheel 170
Fluval 104 canister filter
9 watt uv sterilizer
Rotating powerhead
20 lbs live rock
15 lbs live sand and 10 lives regular sand mixed
Yes is a blue spiny lobster. I got him like two weeks ago. He has been fine. He doesnt mess with anything in the tank. He likes to sit in his cave and crawl around the live rock sometime.

T

tuningvis

do you use any addatives to supplement what the UV takes out of the water..?
love the carpet

goldpuffer

The angel would be perfect for your 20g. They are good with the algae if you have a problem. They add color to the tank too. My last fish will be a true precula clown.

goldpuffer

I use purple up coraline algae accelerator, Reef complete and Keny marine essential Elements. (Essential trace mineral supplement for reef aquariums. I rotate the use of reef complete and purple up because they both contain calcium.

laddy

I'd stop most of your suppliments, and start doing scheduled water changes. There's nothing essential elements adds that a good water change can't accomplish, IMHO. If you don't test for calcium and KH, I'd start. It sounds like you add a lot of calcium to your tank, and with elevated levels I'd expect to find low alkalinity.

speg

How sure are you that your anemone is a bubble tip? Cause.. it looks like a sebae anemone. Maybe im on crack though.

vejomatic

GoldPuffer, Firstly....gorgeous 20L
I just got my 20L today and am still in the process of putting the equiptment list together.
That is one awsome piece of "tonga"?? on the left side of your full tank pic. I can NEVER find a piece like that. I really dig the long fat "stalk" that branches out into little fingers.
Question: What model powerheads are you running and how many? I was thinking of using(2) Maxi-Jet 400's for mine, its going to be a FOWLR for a while untill I pick out some nice corals...of course a good cycle in the mean time....

~vm

goldpuffer

It's a pigmy angel. I payed 22 dollars for him. I think it's a bubble tip thats what it saidon the tank at the store. I got the powerhead from drs. foster/smith its called a rotating powerhead. Im not at work so I couldnt tell you which model off hand. I'll be adding zoos and mushrooms to finish off the nano.