My QT keeps killing fish 6 chromis 1 clown

michaeltx

diffently a false the true have the thick very noticeable strip on them there is also something to do with the dorsal fine where one has more than the other something like that.
Mike

jshepherd

Here is the Qt setup. Notice the temp ground probe to earth. Here is the main tank that someday will give them a happy home.
Should I go ahead and get the selcon and the Zoecon? The selcon is made by American Marine and the zoecon is by kent correct? Zoecon says to use with Zoe

jshepherd

Thanks, have a bunch of rock work to do but I get frustrated trying to get it where I want.
I ordered a zoe , salcon and zoecon along with some mysis and rods food... oh and a real grounding probe as well. I will feal really stupid if that was what the problem was. You truly can never treat your qt and different then your dt.

whyamisofl

Was any part of the 29g used when you purchased it??
Only thing I can think of at this point was that there is some trace element in there that is killing the fish.......

sepulatian

Originally Posted by jshepherd
http:///forum/post/2606751
Thanks, have a bunch of rock work to do but I get frustrated trying to get it where I want.
I ordered a zoe , salcon and zoecon along with some mysis and rods food... oh and a real grounding probe as well. I will feal really stupid if that was what the problem was. You truly can never treat your qt and different then your dt.
Why would you feel stupid. It happens. What kind of food is Rods? What does it have in it?

jshepherd

Every component was new. I did paint the bottom and the back but it was days before anything was in it. After seeing how the clown looked last night to tonight something seams to have gotten better. I changed 7 gallons of water last night at around 4am but did ground the tank as well.
Rods food was recomended by a friend. I know I have to be careful with links but here is a description, hope thats ok.
Rod's Frozen Food has been famous in the Chicago area for many years. Many hobbyists are driving 50+ miles to Rod's Reef just to get this special food. Specially formulated for serious clownfish hobbyists, as well as any other fish and/or corals that may be in the system, they have been able to turn out some amazing colors.
INGREDIENTS: Shrimp, scallop, oyster, clam, Squid, octopus, enriched brine, krill, mysis, grouper, Red Plankton, broccoli, carrots, colliflower, Red Nori, green nori, selco, garlic, Golden pearlsTM (all sizes) DTs oyster eggsTM, nutra rose powder, fresh rotifers, fresh baby brine.

sepulatian

INGREDIENTS: Shrimp, scallop, oyster, clam, Squid, octopus, enriched brine, krill, mysis, grouper, Red Plankton, broccoli, carrots, colliflower, Red Nori, green nori, selco, garlic, Golden pearlsTM (all sizes) DTs oyster eggsTM, nutra rose powder, fresh rotifers, fresh baby brine.
I assume that is is frozen? It sounds excellent
Add the Selcon or Zoecon to this once per day.

jshepherd

look much better. I can only assume it was the voltage since the only other thing I did that night was change 7 gallons of water. Thanks for asking btw.
I am also using frozen rods food as described above and using selcon and zoecon alternating.
They have one week left before clear for the dt. I almost grabbed one of the free false clowns on the swf deal but adding him to the dt would add another 3-4 weeks to the ones that are in there I assume.
I did however suffer another terrible loss in the freshwater tank. I brought my 4 line catfish back home from my dad caring for him for he last year when I gave up on the gold fish tank. They did not seem to mind each other and he was with the Jack my dad has had for a year as well. The Jack dempsey in the tank above the qt appears to have been trapped in the fake log and passed away
He was an awesome looking Jack and was the only reason I kept a fw tank.

I am going to tear down the tank and make it a second Qt tank. Does it make sense to have 2? I want to qt a yellow tang for a long time and could use the 45 gallon for that.

sepulatian

Jacks are awesome fish. I too have a four lined Pim. They are beastly catfish. I have him in with two angels and a Bala shark. This was not my choice, my sisters 50 sprung many leaks, so they are in my 46 bow. I am SO glad that your SW fish are doing better!!!

jshepherd

I cannot even look at the 4 line without hating him right now. The jack had some of the nicest colors I have seen and was eating out of our hands. 3 days later gone after adding the cat.
The chromis loves the frozen food but the clown is a little more picky. Is this normal? He will eat some then spit it back out. He likes flake food though.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by jshepherd
http:///forum/post/2611042
I cannot even look at the 4 line without hating him right now. The jack had some of the nicest colors I have seen and was eating out of our hands. 3 days later gone after adding the cat.
The chromis loves the frozen food but the clown is a little more picky. Is this normal? He will eat some then spit it back out. He likes flake food though.
Yeah, the cat is not my favorite either

Clowns are not usually picky, but you just started them on the frozen. Give it some time. They will happily eat it.