My Queen Trigger

aw2

Nice Queen! What size tank? I'm assuming at that size (she looks like a fairly big sub-adult) that you dont have any tank mates with her.

ruaround

Originally Posted by AW2
Nice Queen! What size tank? I'm assuming at that size (she looks like a fairly big sub-adult) that you dont have any tank mates with her.
There looks to be a Blue tang in the back ground...

aw2

Originally Posted by ruaround
There looks to be a Blue tang in the back ground...

Wha?? I see no other fish in that pic...just the blue lettuce clip.

mumbulog

Thankyou for the compliments, in that picture she was in a tank all alone becuase her reputation is she will destroy any other fish you put in with her. She is now in a larger tank and has some live rock on the bottom for her tankmates to swim around and stay out of her way. She shares her tank with a black and white striped damsel, a yellow tailed damsel and 2 green chromis's. She doesn't seem to bother them. She is an adult. I think roughly about a foot fro head to tail.
Gordon

aw2

Damsels arent "tankmates"...they're food.

She looks great!
A buddy of mine owns one that is 14" - 15", in a 240gal. tank by herself.
He started out with Vanuatu Puffer, Volitan Lion and a Miniatus Grouper as "tankmates". The last fish standing was the 13" Minaitus Grouper that was found, one day, without a head. lol

triggered

I had posted before, but I'll relate my story of the queen we saw. In Springfield , MO, Bass Pro (Ick) built a huge aquarium, 200,00-500,000 gal., I can't remember which. Anyway, they have an adult (at least 20") and it is a beauty. This one was HUGE. We aren't real big fans of Bass Pro, but couldn't resist going to their new aquarium.

mumbulog

Aw2,
So the rumors are true about her. This fish is a legend within and 4 hours of were I live she's left lfs's and came back because she detroy's tankmates. I was like wow thats an awesome fish when I seen her and new I would give her a good home for the remainder of her life, which is going to be years and years. She's so healthy!
Before I got her the guy at the lfs said he was in the main part of the store doing something and all of sudden this guy came through dripping blood from his finger, they said whats wrong and he sid he put his hand in her tank!!! There like what were you thinking!
Your right about the damsels, but shes gotta catch them first, David vs. Goliath!!
Thanks for your compliments!!
Gordon

mumbulog

AW2,
I heard the queen triggers will attack a lion from it's stomack area. I wanted to put a lion in with her and they said it wouldn't even be safe!
Gordon

aw2

Originally Posted by mumbulog
AW2,
I heard the queen triggers will attack a lion from it's stomack area. I wanted to put a lion in with her and they said it wouldn't even be safe!
Gordon

The Lion, in my friends tank, was toast too...half of it's face and it's stomach missing. The Vanuatu Puffer had the fate of losing it's whole underside.
My friend said that he cant even keep powerheads in the tank because she pulls them off the wall and tears them apart.
When the Queen had tankmates, and my friend would feed, he said he had to throw in a whole entire squid, on the other end of the tank, just so his Queen wouldnt attack the other fish. The whole squid would keep her busy long enough for the other fish to eat and then retreat back into the rockwork.

mumbulog

I'm not willing to try but do you think or have you heard of any other triggers being able to co exist with a queen trigger?

agrsiv210

The only scenario I have seen with a queen and other fish was at a LFS. It was a 210 FOWLR a black haw. trigg. about a 1', 8" emperor angel, 15" naso, 14" RSST, and a 9" French angel. The queen was about 12"-14" and was added last of course. She did just fine with all of the tankmates. I guess it didn't hurt that when she was added the black haw. trigg. put her in her place so fast, she didn't know what to do. I saw the adding of the queen to this tank with my own eyes. But, you on the other hand have a queen by itself, adding anything will probably be devoured. She was in a tank with a 8"-10" Lunare Wrasse before she went to the 210. They were in a 125 by themselves, obviously. Good luck with whatever you try and do. Beautiful fish by the way.
One of my favorites, just to mean.

triggered

Did it get too big? :scared:
Ate all your fish?

Out grew tank?

Just want to know why you are getting rid of it. Such b-e-a-u-tiful fish. Sorry you are looking for a new home for it.

I'm a woman, so I like details.......that's just a joke between a friend and I. She always says that when she asks her honey, "how was your day?", or something to get him talking, it is hard to get him, or men, generally, to give details. Don't pay any attention to my weirdness..........Peace

mumbulog

I am looking for a new home because I added on my 3rd tank and made it a reef, well now the elctric bill is out of this world and I would like to find a new home for the queen and break her tank down.
Gordon