My red serpent star from SWF.com

richard rendos

This is my red serpent star from SWF.com that I got about 3 weeks ago. You will see in one of the pictures that there are actually two of them...I am babysitting one until my friend's tank is ready. Both are doing well...hide most of the time, but come feeding time, they come running. I took these right after feeding them.

richard rendos

I acclimated them like all my starfish...about 5-6 hours. I find that with stars, crabs, shrimp, and snails the longer you acclimate the better. I have found these easy to care for so far. They seem to eat very well and are active when the lights are out, except for feeding time.(then they are active even with lights on)
The shrooms are green watermelon stripes. They grow like crazy/

richard rendos

nolofinwe - it still has 1 day and 14 hours left. Did you buy one from the same guy?
plum70rt - did you get yours from SWF? How long have you had it?

plum70rt

Yes SWF.com,,he eats silversides, squid , shrimp,, I have seen him come out and grab pellets too, 1 to 2 times a week, had him since Nov 02,

marinemarty

Hi All, I feed mine shrimp pellets, always comes out during feeding :)
richard nice pink square... did you get that at swf??
Martin

T

thomas712

nolowfinwe - Which pump you guys talkin about the Velocity T-3
Thomas

T

thomas712

Thought so, I have the T-3 on my 90 and wasn't sure it was working till I put my ear to it. So far I love that pump, you just can't hear it.
Thomas

ophiura

scuba steveo,
Yup. There is no difference. Brittle or serpent, serpent or brittle. Same beast. Just watch that acclimation...this species is very very delicate!
But they are beautiful! Thanks everyone for showing them off! :D