My Ritteri split

broncofish

Originally posted by overanalyzer
Sweet shots!! I am very excited for you!! I also like your rock work - but you need to get steadier shots - quit shooting up before you take pictures!!

Dude I told you I'm taking that photog class next semester.

broncofish

Just got home from work, and the two anemones are sitting side by side on the same rock. Bith look to be heeling well, and may actually be able to be fed in less time than I was thinking..maybe as soon as sunday

broncofish

Originally posted by laudluvr
Congrats to ya!! I guess it's like having a baby. LOL

I was actually less stressed when my son was born...I knew that was coming I was prapared, but when you look at a Ritteri and it is breaking in 2...well they just don't do that very often.

Originally posted by ozadars
Dont ritteries (h. magnifica) get extreamly big? and arent they extreamly posinious to corals when they touch? But anyway congr.

ritteries are ones with really low pontent stings
I just bought one yesterday for my pair of ??occeleries??

broncofish

Originally posted by firefishspike
ritteries are ones with really low pontent stings
I just bought one yesterday for my pair of ??occeleries??

Firefishspike...there stings can pack a wallup...just like a bta or a sebae or any other anemone. THey do gey huge though..wha size tank do you have? whats your lighting? and what kind of water movement do you have?

well I mean less potent compare to something like a condy
I just bought one and placed it in a 55 for now, he's not too large presently.but my tank has four 48" strip lights, 2 acts and 2 50/50...medium waterflow
I bought him for the science center's two false percs but their tank is not ready for the anemone yet, maybe several months from now....

rickster

THey do gey huge though..wha size tank do you have? whats your lighting? and what kind of water movement do you have?
Dude, right on! Not only did YOU get to see the split, but you are right on with your support. How many gals of water goin through the system? How many Watts on a particular portion (tank?) and what specifically did you witness? way too cool.
R

you know people, I just bought a retteri from my lfs, I had two to choose from, there was a purple and a yellow one, of course I took the purple one and only to come back the next day to find out the one I didn't pick is splitting:mad:

rickster

folks, Im truly stoked not just by the enthusiasm of this thread but also by the photos, please tell me how I can "shoot" my own tank with such illustrious shots?
R

broncofish

Originally posted by Rickster
How many gals of water goin through the system? How many Watts on a particular portion (tank?) and what specifically did you witness? way too cool.
R

I watched it climbd down from it's highspot in the tank, and then wedge itself between a rock, you could see the rock through the ritteris mouth, then it was typical splitting from there, tearing stretching etc....I have 3 175gph powerheads hooked up to a wave maker and a 300gph hob filter with activated carbon. It's in a 29g tank with 150w of VHO, and 40w of NO. I feed it krill every day, sometimes twice a day. I am planning on moving them to my 90g, where they will be under 2x250w MH, and 440w of vho. I hope uou are joking about the pic's in comparison to most members on this board my photos SUCK, but I'm taking a photo class next semester.
FirefishSPike.....Upgrade your lighting or sell that Riterri IMO.

broncofish

Well they have been in these same spots for over 24hrs so lets hope they stay until there new home is ready. This will be the second to last picture I post of them in this thread. I am hoping to get a pic of them both eating on tuesday, they really look like they are out of the wood though.

j-cal

I work at a LFS and ordered an orange base anemone that didnt have and orage base, and looks EXACTLY like your ritteri. the color the shapes and the tentacle arrangement. Is that a fairly typical looking ritteri? is it likely that i actually have one of those?

broncofish

As far as baby ritts go...yup thats prett typical look, as they get bigger the colored tips(green under actinics) will fade and become more red. I tell you what..if it climbs you glass, will eat all the time, or triples it size in about three weeks...I would say you have a ritteri.
Entice I have a trip to the city planned for the 12th you going to be around?