My Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

planemechfj

I purchased a Rose bubble tip anemone yesterday. Its very pink in color. I acclimated it and added it to the tank yesterday. I placed it in the corner on a small piece of LR. Overnight it moved to a crevice in the LR which was expected. So far it looks ok, I will keep you updated.
Day 2: Hiding in between two rocks.

tthemadd1

How much did you pay? Only ask because I now have five and the color is fantastic. Also remember you cannot control where they end up. I did place one of my powerheads blowing straight across the back of my tank.
I don't really care if one moves to the back but so far they all are hanging out from minus one.

planemechfj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthemadd1 http:///t/395853/my-rose-bubble-tip-anemone#post_3525320
How much did you pay? Only ask because I now have five and the color is fantastic. Also remember you cannot control where they end up. I did place one of my powerheads blowing straight across the back of my tank.
I don't really care if one moves to the back but so far they all are hanging out from minus one.

I gave $30. Yeah I hope it picks a good spot. I also have a lot of flow across the back of tank so hopefully it will enjoy the milder front a little more.

planemechfj

Day 3: No movement, still seems to be enjoying the small cave. Good color and inflation so I think those are both great signs.

tthemadd1

RBTAs typically do better under MH lighting or strong LEDs. Although they will survive with your lights. I feed mine homemade food once a week or two weeks.

tthemadd1

You know they are doing well when they retract food directly into their mouths in a few seconds.

planemechfj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthemadd1 http:///t/395853/my-rose-bubble-tip-anemone#post_3525458
You know they are doing well when they retract food directly into their mouths in a few seconds.
It actually did this on Day 3 when I feed mysis but it did not really react to the brine I fed on Day 4, at least not that I noticed.
But seems to be very happy in it's little cave. Still really good color, sometimes showing a fluorescent green at base of the tentacles.
Heres a pic from Today
Day 5:

In a couple of days I am gonna try some krill and see if it takes some. Overall I think its doing good.

tthemadd1

I recommend using a home made food. It is much healthier and cheaper. Also makes the fish guy at the store weird out.
1. 1 fillet White fish any kind
2. Three scallops
3. Five shrimp. Uncooked.
4. 3-4 Clams
5. Garlic clove
Take it all home and cut it up into small pieces. The smaller the better. I put my mine in the food processor. You want it in chunks not paste.
Cut your garlic up into a fine paste and mix it with a small amount of water. Mix your meat and stir it with the garlic. I also put some seaweed in mine. Just cut it up fine.
Take a piece of cling wrap and put cover a metal sheet pan. Spread the mix out onto a thin sheet. Cover with a second piece of cling wrap.
Freeze it and then cut into small pieces. Do not remove the cling wrap. I then put it in a zip lock bag and break off chunks when I need them. I use a shot glass with some water to thaw out my food. I can keep it up to a week in the fridge.
I then hand feed the RBTAs brain corals hammer and other corals. The fish go nuts for it as well.

planemechfj

Also little update for Day 7: The anemone took what i would consider a medium piece of krill with no hesitation.
So another good sign, so hopefully things will continue to go well.

tthemadd1

It will be fine. The addition is a sexy shrimp or anemone shrimp. I'm not puttin the clowns in until very last as they are $80 a piece if not more. Probably around fall or Christmas.

planemechfj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthemadd1 http:///t/395853/my-rose-bubble-tip-anemone#post_3525933
It will be fine. The addition is a sexy shrimp or anemone shrimp. I'm not puttin the clowns in until very last as they are $80 a piece if not more. Probably around fall or Christmas.
Hope the shrimp is doing well. any update on adding the clowns?
I have been very busy but my anemone is doing great still in the same spot it moved to the first night.
This makes Day 46 and as far as I can tell no problems.

Seen here in the lower left, of course. Not real a dark rose more of a bubble gum pink but the color is really nice.

tthemadd1

Looks like it has taken well to the spot. No clowns yet. I added a coral beauty first a few weeks back. Cheaper and wanted to make sure the tank had equalized before adding any more. In out of town for a few weeks and when I return Im hoping the potters wrasse I've been waiting on shows up at my LFS. she will keep it a few weeks before I pick it up.
Check it for issues and great before I bring it home. Talk about service she orders me specifics, quarantines, treats, and then I don't have to quarantine before adding to my tank.

tthemadd1

My tank is also coming along and the anemones just keep growing. Hasn't split since I moved them back into the display tank.