My Sally Lightfoot die in my tank.

esee

My 35 gallon tank have a lot of green bubble. I heard ppl saying Sally light food crab will eat them and able to control green bubble algae. I add one into my tank. It look good. I assume it will find its good as I had plenty of green bubble. He is very active all the while. It had been there for about 1 month and today I found it dead in my tank. What could the reason ? Staved to dead or murder by my clarkii?

flower

Green bubble macroalgae is the easy to remove by hand, it feels like plastic, and you won't pop the bubbles as long as you get them before they are going transparent. I personally like the macro, I think it looks like marbles... and like all macroalgae, it will keep your water parameters pristine. It absorbs phosphates and nitrates from the system, as well as ammonia and nitrites if you had a spike, as you remove the bubbles when they get to be too many, you export all the nasty stuff out of your water system.

I have not read that Sally Lightfoot crabs eat green bubble algae (doesn't mean it isn't so, I just didn't know it), I know they eat regular algae off the rocks. The emerald crabs eat green bubble algae, but remember they feed on it, therefore when they poop, they release the phosphates and nitrates back into your water system. They also break open the bubble as they feed and release the spores.