My second new tank?!?!

drewsta

This was after the skimmer neck broke for the intake and I had to superglue furiously until it held
uhhhh that skimmer will be the death of me!!!

drewsta

This was on a budget of $800 oops LOL OMG this hobby is expensive!! But I wouldn't have it any other way :joy:
  • tank/stand $250
  • sump/refuge/skimmer $250
  • DIY hood $40
  • light bulbs $55 (sunpaq 65W 2 actinic 2 daylight 10k)
  • Misc wood to reinforce stand $10
  • Misc tubes and pipes $20
    Live rock $100 80lbs
    Base rock FREE 40lbs
    90Lbs aragonite sand $50
    Heater 300W Hydor $20
    2 Mag1200 pumps $30
    EEK grand total $825

jbair

Looks great! I wounder if the same sump/refuge will work on my 110Gal? I going to check out Catalina's ASAP. I'm a Newbie so doing a lot of reading and research before I start. I got the 110Gal from a buddy who PCS to Germany, along with a Rainbow lifeguard filter system. But I don't thing it will work for SW. Let me know what you think.

37g joe

Originally Posted by Drewsta
This was on a budget of $800 oops LOL OMG this hobby is expensive!! But I wouldn't have it any other way :joy:
  • tank/stand $250
  • sump/refuge/skimmer $250
  • DIY hood $40
  • light bulbs $55 (sunpaq 65W 2 actinic 2 daylight 10k)
  • Misc wood to reinforce stand $10
  • Misc tubes and pipes $20
    Live rock $100 80lbs
    Base rock FREE 40lbs
    90Lbs aragonite sand $50
    Heater 300W Hydor $20
    2 Mag1200 pumps $30
    EEK grand total $825
$100 for 80lbs of live rock what the heck? whATS YOUR EMAIL?

drewsta

lol I got the LR off a person who was getting out of the hobby he just happened to be parting out his tank and I just happened to need some LR :joy: it was pure luck!! For some reason the tank is still cloudy... I have alot of bubbles in my sump I think thats the problem i'm on my lunch break right now but I will update everyone later
I'm almost done with aquascaping, i'll get the bubbles out of there and i'll post some more pics!!

drewsta

Ok so here it is with aquascaping complete, finally!!!! I still can't believe thats 120Lbs of rock........ Let me know what you guys think. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share. Oh an update on the skimmer, its off! I have to find some way to retrofit a sponge on the end to stop some of the bubbles, thats is why my tank was cloudy.

drewsta

Originally Posted by blue20051
Hey Drewsta,
I have a blue hippo tang for sale. If your interested let me know.
I'm still interested just shoot me some of the specifics. Thanks

timdaddie

That's a nice set up. I've been trying to get pics of mine for about a week now and the pics just don't look like the peoples on here.

drewsta

Originally Posted by TimDaddie
That's a nice set up. I've been trying to get pics of mine for about a week now and the pics just don't look like the peoples on here.
Just dont use a flash and mess around with the lighting. Make sure you are getting pictures at different angels to reflect light.
Good luck... What type of camera are you using?

drewsta

These are my first new corals for my tank they are in my girlfriends tank at the moment while mine is cycling, but I couldn't pass these up!!!! I got these for $36.99 each

timdaddie

There nice looking corals. I'm going with a fish only tank for a year or two.
I have a olypus c-50 just a cheap digital

drewsta

Originally Posted by TimDaddie
There nice looking corals. I'm going with a fish only tank for a year or two.
I have a olypus c-50 just a cheap digital
What kind of fish do you have?

blue20051

Originally Posted by Drewsta
These are my first new corals for my tank they are in my girlfriends tank at the moment while mine is cycling, but I couldn't pass these up!!!! I got these for $36.99 each

Where did you get your shrooms from? The tang is healthy and about 3in long.

drewsta

Originally Posted by blue20051
Where did you get your shrooms from? The tang is healthy and about 3in long.
I got the shrooms from Franks Tanks off old Granbury Rd in Ft. Worth. please email me at andrewdriggars@gmail.com with price and pics thanks.

drewsta

MMM I was just doing some calculations.... I have 1300GPH flow in my tank at the moment :notsure: I think thats way to much... If anyone has any ideas on this let me know thanks

mythrenody

I dont remember but i think the turnover rate is like 5xs for a reef,something like that,if you guy by that it would 1875