My second new tank?!?!

drewsta

that seems like so much.... I mean I don't have anything in there right now as it's cycling but there are seriously waves on the top of the water and I have really fine sand that stirs up at the smallest water push... at my calculations i'm at 17X thats dividing 1300GPH by 75G tank not including sump..

drewsta

Originally Posted by crazyreefnut
it looks great and the rock is very nice. I will be posting a few pics of the sweetest deal that I have ever found.
Thanks I really get annoyed with aquascaping it can be so frustrating sometimes
. But thanks for the compliments

corbin1234

i too have that same ***** stand and tank, except mines a little taller then yours
(its a 80gal)
wouldnt recomend this stand to anyone though--made of cheap particle board-- damp areas (sump) and particle board dont mix

drewsta

Well my rage has subsided I picked up some Joes Juice at the LFS and a Scopus Tang, boy does he eat that hair algea I have had him 1 day and he has cleared about half of my tank (it was getting pretty bad). I really didn't want a Scopus but this is the prettiest one I have ever seen so I bought him!
Let me know what you think!! I will post more pics tomorrow when I pick up my corals :joy:

drewsta

well I went out today to pick up some corals but umm I only got 1 everywhere I went I couldn't find what I wanted anyway I found this awesome BTA at a store for $34.99 when its opened fully its about 6 1/2 inches around
. I just added some PH buffer to help control the hair algea so I will post full tank shots when that junk is gone but here is my BTA.. Tell me what you think

drewsta

My tank as it stands now, I will be picking up some zoos and rics today. I hope I can get a nice red/green open brain and colt coral but I will have to wait and see.

drewsta

I just added these corals for $80 :joy:
:joy:
Finger leather, 4 head frogspawn, 150zoas, mushrooms,4 head hammer coral, candy cane coral!!! ***) I can't wait to see them open

drewsta

Well I just bought a Odyssea 48" 542W Metal Halide System. How do I keep my tank cool it is running pretty hot with the pc lights right now..... I was planning on putting some fans on the back of the hood I just didn't know if that would keep it cool enough or not. I really didn't want to do a chiller
To much $$$$$$$ for one of those

nm reef

To be sure there are some very nice photos associated with this thread.
But...in the photography forum the focus needs to be "photography" and not on the documentation of establishing a new tank.
I'm just thinking this type thread may be more appropiate over in the reef forum.

drewsta

Originally Posted by NM reef
To be sure there are some very nice photos associated with this thread.
But...in the photography forum the focus needs to be "photography" and not on the documentation of establishing a new tank.
I'm just thinking this type thread may be more appropiate over in the reef forum.
You can move it over if you want.. Thanks

drewsta

Ok an update.. 1 of my tangs died
I gave the other to a friend for a while to heal. My copper was at .60 now its at .02 (finally) the high copper was due to a faulty RO-DI unit. Now my tank has changed alot since last seen on here but here it is now with new lights and fish. This is my tank about 2 weeks ago now i have some new corals. Zoos and a umbrella leather.
This is my fish list now
  • 4 Green Chromis
  • 1 Watchman Goby
  • 1 Longnose Hawkfish
  • 1 Clown Wrasse
    This is my coral list.
  • Finger Leather
  • Umbrella Leather
  • Green BTA
    Hammer Coral
    Frogspawn Coral
    Candycane Coral