My Shark Egg

smoney

Hey everyone I am so excited about my bamboo shark who I personally think will start to hatch within like 2 to 3 weeks, I got it october 4th and they said about two months. I just looked today and I havent really been looking much at the egg itself, but its starting to look more buldgey and it looks beautiful, i can see it moving around inside the egg and its striped and everything, I will try and get a picture up on this site for you guys. but are their any suggestions that may help me through this processes?

gasguzzler

Yeah, you should have taken our advise on the other forum and not try to hatch a bamboo in a 50 reef! Congrats on killing another beautiful animal.
:mad:

smoney

hey gasguzzler i have asked people at petstore and lfs and they have said yah ur fine with a baby bamboo in that tank. so pleez just stay happy

moto757

alot of them tell u anything to sell something and make some $$$ and not to sound harsh but look at gasguzzlers pics of his sharks maybe he did something right.

bill33

gasguzzler knows more about sharks then any of us. he even bred sting rays!
o ya gasguzzler got pics of the filter for shark tank?
lol

fishy411

Originally posted by gasguzzler
Yeah, you should have taken our advise on the other forum and not try to hatch a bamboo in a 50 reef! Congrats on killing another beautiful animal.
:mad:

I agree. Sure it's big enough for a baby bamboo but take it back and save an aminal and some money. Think about how much money you will lose when that shark dies under those powerful lights. And also think about the corals when that sharks bioload kicks in. You will just have to upgrade anyways and it'll be sometime within the next 6 months i'm willing to bet.

fshhub

sharks are delicate and moving them is extremely stressful. please try and care for them properly from the start!!!

fshhub

Originally posted by SMoney
hey gasguzzler i have asked people at petstore and lfs and they have said yah ur fine with a baby bamboo in that tank. so pleez just stay happy

i think just about all of us have made this mistake, at least one time
NOTE:
this mistake, being the one where we ask the lfs for advice and then actually listen to them... not the one where we try to keep a shark in a small tank

fshhub

now now, sarcasm and comedy is a good thing, but please dont let newcomers or those dreaming of sharks think this could be advice. it could become detrimental to someone just reading this post alter on.
i do realize you are kidding about the aquaclear but you never know who may take you seriously... ok?

gasguzzler

Youre right...edited
Thank you to everyone else who has "got my back". I didnt even have to respond this time! To set the record straight, dont count out mattiej, cincyreefer or tony d for shark advise.

cincyreefer

Originally posted by gasguzzler
Thank you to everyone else who has "got my back". I didnt even have to respond this time! To set the record straight, dont count out mattiej, cincyreefer or tony d for shark advise.

What is a banded cat shark? I think I have one of those in my nano reef? :confused: :notsure: :confused:

squidd

Originally posted by cincyreefer
What is a banded cat shark? I think I have one of those in my nano reef? :confused: :notsure: :confused:

They're really, really cool "fish"...
They are "only" like 7" long and I have one in my 20 gallon...
NOT... :rolleyes: Sorry, that's 210...missed a decimal point....