My shrimp molted!

aggie05

After a week of being in my tank my peppermint shrimp decided to molt last night. Incredibly he did it on a rock right out in the open, so now I have a pic. I think he might try and go eat some of it as I have seen him going over to it. If he does I will be sure to snap a few.

a&m aggie 04'

i witnessed a fire shrimp molt at a fish store, didnt know what he was doing till he crawled outta his skin. pretty neat stuff.

aggie05

Originally posted by Grouperhead
Cool pic. You didn't actually witness him molt did you? Bo

unfortunately not. I walked in from class this morning and noticed it. I find it really strange that it is right out in the open like it is though. I thought theey seek cover when molting.

monchichi8

Hey I bought 2 peprmint shrimp and 20 min of bieng in my tank he molted..right on top of the rocks in plain view!! At first, I thought my shrimp was broken. LOL..pretty cool.

S

simm

Originally posted by Aggie05
unfortunately not. I walked in from class this morning and noticed it. I find it really strange that it is right out in the open like it is though. I thought theey seek cover when molting.

My cleaner did the same thing. He molted out in the open. His molt was out on top of my LR.