My Stand Construction Pics

2jz

tang - i can appreciate any fast cars, be it domestic or imports. especially the Z06. nomercy went with mti stroker kit on his car and nitrous didnt he? John Henessey has a lot of lawsuit and complaints against him...if you check BBB's listing, there's at least 10 of them. and the show on TNN (ahh, the name slipped my mind now) the two guys that are always building cars up. anyways, one of them used to work for henessey, he's filling a lawsuit against henessey for stealing his ideas. from what I hear, John Henessey is a crook, I would not trust him with my car. now lingenfelter is a different story! :)

tangman99

I stand corrected. I think it was the MTI kit and yes it was pushing NOS. The launch on that video is incredible. I followed all the Hennessey threads and he is in deep doodoo. There was another guy who gave him $103,000 to do his Viper and has also filed a law suit. He was the one who showed up to find out about his Viper and found that Hennessey had parted out his car and sold the wheels and hood off of it. it was back in the corner of the shop covered in dust and Hennessey had not done anything to the car but strip it. The hood was like $16,000 for a viper. I think I would have just killed him on the spot and pleaded insanity.
I agree Lingenfelter does their cars right. My friend sent his Z06 to Lingenfelter and had the Magnusum Supercharger kit installed. I have not seen the times yet, but I would guess low 11's as he was already at 12.3's. That thing is insane. I like Ligenfelter twin turbo setup, but I'm not ready to get of the cake for that one.
Tangman

prater

The wheels are CCW's. These are 17X12 all the way around for Auto-X and road events. I run the stock Run craps everyday on the 2K wheels. The car was setup this way already by Jim Harris in Dallas. He has taken many Auto-X FTDs and a couple of NCC Championships in this car. I have yet to run the 1/4, but according to Jim it is putting down around 380HP to the rear wheels....I am waiting for the weather to get a little better so I can really see what the numbers are......
I did a little street racing on the runcraps against my buddy (with his crappy tires also) in his Mustang which ran mid 12's at the time and I came out the Victor by about 1/2 car length, we probably ran in the 14's with our lack of traction. He just ran a 10.5xx last weekend at Thunder Valley Raceway here in Oklahoma after his winter rebuild.
And I also am in Debt:D
The things I love about my car are: 170+MPH, capable of mid 12 sec quarters, and 30MPG on the Highway;)

joez

jbeck, while I am a chevy fan, my girlfriend thought that looks nice and wanted to know if you have any more pics of the car, as well as what year it is. :)

2jz

hey, I live in oklahoma as well...didn't you guys have a corvette meeting up here from like thurs till some day awhile back? cause i saw a line of 14corvettes driving on the turnpike to tulsa while i was driving down to okc.

prater

2jz,
not sure about the vettes, maybe the club had something happening. I have not been a member for a couple of years, but me and a few others will get together and drive somewhere in the state to eat.....

2jz

Originally posted by SaltWaterNewbie
THAT LOOKS PIMP!!!!!!!! IMPORTS CAN EAT YOUR DUST>........

there will always be cars faster than your own...there will always be people tougher than you...there will always be richer people than you. i build my cars to satsify myself...not others. don't under estimate imports, there are very fast ones out there...some of the domestic guys are starting to sound like the "invincible civic owning kids."

joerdie

i agree with slick. first off what do you guys do for a living? can i get a job their? i just bought my most expensive car to date about three weeks ago. (2000!!!! dollars oh yea!!!!) its a jetta (used of course)
p.s. i know that now you guys want to be and be able to buy cool cars and stuff.:D
p.p.s. im in indensured sevice uhh i mean social work:)

2jz

what i really like are those k-cars and dad's dodge van with the veener panels :D i am sure you guys have seen the videos.

cbr929

I like to say the DYI stands are looking great, you cann't
make them too strong. I also like all the car I've seen, you
can have a lot of fun with what ever you drive. Here is a pic
of my toy with only 2 wheels and also a vett eater. My best
e.t. was 10.42 at 132mph, that was fun.
P.S. keep the fish tank and car pic comming

2jz

Originally posted by CBR929
I like to say the DYI stands are looking great, you cann't
make them too strong. I also like all the car I've seen, you
can have a lot of fun with what ever you drive. Here is a pic
of my toy with only 2 wheels and also a vett eater. My best
e.t. was 10.42 at 132mph, that was fun.
P.S. keep the fish tank and car pic comming

nice bike cbr! i purchased an r6 a year or so ago..and sold it. been meaning to get a new bike, i love the looks of the ducati (looking at the 748) but i rode my friend's and its very uncomfortable and where the shin area is, it needs a heat shield. so what i'm thinking of is a gsxr750, awesome performing bike! still hesitant...don't want to kill myself :D