My Stocking list. Tell me if this will work...

sheffboyrd

Hey everyone. I'm just finishing the cycle on my 20 gallon high and i'm trying to plan out my stocking list well ahead of time so I don't worry about what goes together and what doesn't. I'm planning on keeping 3 fish in my 20high.
False Perc
Fridmani
Sixline Wrasse
I've heard the Wrasse and Fridmani may be a little aggressive at times so I would add the Perc first. Would these three get along and is the tank large enough for all of them to be comfortable? Thanks a lot for any advice. I'd also like to hear any other stocking suggestions. I'm most interested in keeping the Fridmani if anyone knows good companions for one of those.

S

sinner's girl

Don't get the choc chip star if you plan on keeping snails (some like to knock the snails off the glass and eat them).
It might get a little to stuffed in a 20 gallon.. You could also get a tomato clown,
if three fish are too many, adding a forth won't help. Plus some people say not to mix clowns (I never have so I don't know). I'm guessing you meant tomato rather than a perc?
Also, what is a Fridmani?
HOw about a pair of perc rather than the wrass?
Glad to see someone who cycled their tank before adding fish and who is asking questions before adding fish. :cheer:

austinreef

I would get a pair of percs. They seem to do better in pairs. Other than that, you are fine. Don't mix clown species!

sheffboyrd

Thank you all for your helpful advice. I realized picking fish for a small tank would be really hard (I just like so many of them), but this is just getting even harder.
I wasn't sure if 3 fish would be too cramped, hence my asking these questions here :) I know a lot of you are going with the simple answer of "get a mated pair of clowns and call it a day" and i realize i have a small tank to work with, but I'm trying to be more interesting than that. I'm not going to be keeping an anenome(obviously) so it wouldn't be as interesting for me to have the percs. I wanted the freidmani because it is just a really beautiful fish and I wanted the wrasse because I have a lot of bristle worms (I know bristle worms are good, but I have too many). Since I'm also planning on haveing a cleaner shrimp (probably a skunk) I'll keep it to 2 fish after hearing all of your answers. So now my new question is what 2 fish and a skunk cleaner shrimp work well together that doesn't involve a clown fish?
Waterfaller1 - that is a beautiful fish. How big is your tank? I'm wondering because if your wrasse got into some scuffles with the freidmani in a larger tank I would wonder if they would have enough room in my 20.