My tank pics

S

sinner's girl

Nice pic's! One day I'm going to have a bigger tank...

adrian

Nice tank Deuce ;)
do you have any idea why your yellow tang doesn't have the fins that the ones in other pics have. I got mine and it looks the same way... <hr></blockquote>
Thats called HLLE, or head and lateral line erosion, if you can see the lateral line on your fish, or if its fins look like that, no pun intended, its bad news. No one realy knows the cause, but most suspect its the result of a poor diet. Do yalls tangs get plenty of healthy greens and other foods?

adrian

Feed your tangs seaweed, nori, anything but lettuce ;) The flakes arent a bad idea but a combination of seaweed, and a quality frozen food would be much better ;) I have seen tangs like that before, most of them had HLLE, but Im more concerned about the lateral line being so pronounced in deuces fish than the lack of fins, which could or could not be related to HLLE, where as the lateral line is a sure indication.

Skilos1 and Adrian,
Thanks for the posts on the yellow tang.
When I bought the the tank (already established)
2 years ago the tangs fins were gone !!
I thought this was from tank mates nipping at him. The line I dont no if it was there or not.
I will take your advise and hopefully this will take care of the line.
Or is this a perminent thing?
ReefnJeff,
Sorry -- but what is LF
and everybody thanks for the posts :)

nm reef

Very nice system duece.....I'd love to have a larger system for my critters......hopefully soon!!! Try to increase the seaweed diet for the tang....looks like its getting along but serious HLLE problem....diet may improve it as mentioned......

Thanks everybody,
If you see something else wrong (like the yellow tang) please tell me !!!
I had no Idea that the fish was in bad shape and maybe I can nurse it back becouse somebody noticed and said something about it :) :)
Congradulations U may have saved a fish

save a fish eat chicken,
I do not have very many snails , crabs.
I do have the green brittle star
1/2 of my rocks and sand have been in the tank for at least 14 years.
The sand has a bunch of small tube worm things with long tenicles that all reach out and grab stuff at night !! They seem to do a great job
sand is allways white and clean !!