my tank stand i built is slightly off square, will a 1/2 inch matter?

king_neptune

the stand doesn't sit perfectly flush with the concrete, one corner is just under 1/2 inch off. if i push it down..the other corner raises, I'm confidant when the tank sits on it all it will compress it back flat...my question is will it matter a whole lot? or should I re-make the stand until i get it perfectly square?

king_neptune

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/3092171
As long as your sure it was not the floor that was off...
I used a 4ft level. didnt see any bows in the floor, it was perfectly square and level.
The main reason the stand came out crooked was when I built the base and crown...I stood them on the sides so I could drill the screws into place, so the scrw followed the natural contour of the wood and fastened it into place. When I layed it back flat again...one corner was always up...while the other three where on the ground.
The second time around I layed the pieces flat on the ground as they would sit...and then drilled and glued. This time they all layed flat on the ground, perfectly square.
The stand is finished, its really solid now and looks good, jst needs to be skinned and stainded.