My Tank

mike22cha

Okay well this is going to be a pain getting the fish out but that wont happen till after the ice storm. The tank does have some coral and there are hermits all over but maybe it will go okay.
Stocking List for after the removal:
1-purple tang(i already have0
3-green chromis
2-maroon clownfish
1-Blue Hippo (later)
1-Longnose Hawkfish
2-Lemonpeel Angels
Any advice on this or recomendations for a reef safe omnivore or herbovore perferably is welcome.
Still no help on the gorgonion?

barchtruong

oh.......so you live in OKlahoma heh?
I didn't know that all along til now.
I live in Yukon. The weather is gonna be urgly in the next few days.

craig7220

Hi Mike
Have you had the 2 angels in the same tank or are they on your future list? If future, I would't suggest that you get 2 lemonpeel angels for the same tank. They will fight and one of them will likely die....

mike22cha

No I don't have two angels but I thought I heard somewhere that two smaller angels can be together. I may be wrong so then 1 lemonpeel on my stocking list.

mike22cha

Okay changed my mind on the lemonpeel and blue hippo. Don't want those anymore because of compatibility and the stories of ich i read about. Any other suggestions for a tang of a different shape than the purple?

mike22cha

Donated my yellow tang to a trusted fish store.
Before you tell me i need to get rid of my sailfin listen to the rest of the story first.
My dad wanted to call the fish store to see if there wasn't a simpler solution. Well they asked him what fish i had in the tank and he said a yellow tang, a purple, and Regal(my sailfin tang). Well they thought that was a blue hippo and the yellow was bulling the blue hippo for no reason. So they said we should get rid of the yelllow and there shouldn't be any problems. So we got there and donated the yellow and started talking and then they realized i also had a sailfin
I well be donating another fish in about a week because of an upcoming snow storm.

mike22cha

Here are some pics of corals and the Purple Tang. Sailfin wasn't feeling camera friendly today so couldn't get a good shot of him. Water is a little cloudy because I rearranged lr because of getting bubbles out. Love my new lights. The sailfin's fins are healing nicely.

mike22cha

Here is some more pics. There is this red stuff that a manager of a fish store said was coralline all over my rocks, walls, and sand. Is it coralline?

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Here is some more pics. There is this red stuff that a manager of a fish store said was coralline all over my rocks, walls, and sand. Is it coralline?
That looks like diatom to me! How old is the tank?? :happyfish

mikeyjer

Well I got the tank used and it has been running for about 6 months.
IF you bought it used and it was already previously setup, you probably stir some things up during the move to cause the diatom. BUT it can be from the source of your water as well! As to numerous other things....But it'll go away eventually.... :happyfish

mikeyjer

Alright thanks. Well it comes off fairly easy so now I just got to wipe it off the glass and rocks.
You might want to check your PH and Alkaline levels! Do water changes and top offs with RO/DI water. :happyfish

mike22cha

Well pH and alkaline last I checked were find. No fish sick and it has not spread for a while so I think it is ok. I leave it on the back of the tank and rocks, so i stir the sand bed and wipe it off the tanks front and side walls.

mike22cha

Ok the algae went way done and i added 3 green chromises to it and there are doing great. Very active fish. And both of the tangs are mad at them for getting first pick at the food because the tangs won't come to the top so both tangs are chasing the chromises. Which is not a bad thing because the tangs are to slow and so they don't pick on each other and they're not harming the chromises. :cheer: