My Torch named Noodles

fox1135

i recently decided to purchase my first lps coral, ive kept an anemone so i figure i will be fine. (water has been prepped for lps cal. alk. flow. light.)everything is going great and he looks twice as big now as he did in the store. my question is: since i bought him as a single stalk with just one head and a dead head attached, will it ever get any bigger/expand. i mean the dead head is literally touching the side of the live one. will it ever expand or somehow split in any way to produce more than 1 head? also it seems like it might be expanding too much and is at sometimes touching the sand bed. and not just the tentacles touching it, it looks like the 'rim' underneath the tentacles is what is touching.(there are no tears along the lining of him and the rock, exoskeleton is perfect) also if anyone has any info on these things its greatly appreciated. i did my reasearch but really wasnt satisfied with how much i found out. i learned alllllll the basics of this coral so please dont explane to me about how close to put it to other corals or for goodness sakes BROWN JELLY, just knowledge from other torch owners and enthusiests who might know something not everyone does
i think the major growth is due to lugols...

coraljunkie

As long as everything is good with your water and the torch is thriving it should develop other heads. I purchased a single head hammer from my LFS about 6 months ago and it has now grown into 6 heads.

fox1135

that is amazing news, i was so worried that it would only get bigger and not develop any more heads. thank you so much for your post

K

k1sully

they grow two ways the head you have now can split and it can also produce little buds at the base of the flesh that will grow new stalks