my tree coral - Help

shannonranee

Ok here is waht my tree coral looks like today - and for a week. before this it has been nice big and pink. Went to LFS here is my water:
Ph 8.24
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 15
KH 12
Calcium 360
Salinity 1.023
I just did a water change.
One guy at the LFS said he had no idea what is wrong with it. Another guy said it is getting too much light and to move it lover in the tank. I have a 30 gallon hex. It is approx 1/3 - 1/2 way up in the tank and the light is about 12 inches above the tank. I tried to move it - but is has stuck itself to the rock and won't let loose - so I am leaving it. Would it really after 2 1/2 months and growing 2-3 times the size it was when I bought it all of a sudden not like where it is at in the tank? What should I do? I was going to post a picture - but I am not sure how to do it.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by shannonranee
Salinity 1.023
you mean specific gravity=1.023. salinity would be about 31 to get a SG of 1.023.
your Sg should be a little higher. 1.024-1.027 IMO
no a coral isnt going to change its mind about liking where its at. did something change in your tank? it could be closing up prior to reproducing. (it may start dropping limbs)
are any of your fish harrassing it?

jba6511

a pic would really help but if it is suddenly dropping down than it may just be getting ready to drop limbs. How are the rest of the corals in your tank doing?

shannonranee

The rest of the corals in the tank are doing good. No the fish have not been harassing it. Yes, I meant specific gravity. How do you down load a picture. I clicked on the insert image button but then it asks for a script prompt. I also tried to copy and paste the picture - but that didn't work.

jba6511

post reply -> manage attachments -> browse -> find picture and then click upload and there you guy. If it needs to be resized, google resizing pics and there are online sites that will do it automatically for you. Hope that helps

mrinelfrlz

The rest of the corals in the tank are doing good. No the fish have not been harassing it. Yes, I meant specific gravity. How do you down load a picture. I clicked on the insert image button but then it asks for a script prompt. I also tried to copy and paste the picture - but that didn't work.
do you have zoom browser?

shannonranee

A zoom Browser? -Must not since I don't know what it is.
I tried the manage and attachment thing - but I got an error

mrinelfrlz

A zoom Browser? -Must not since I don't know what it is.
I tried the manage and attachment thing - but I got an error
i didnt know i had it either all you do is go to START then SEARCH in the left hand side there will be a list of what you want to search
click on all files and folders
NEXT in the "all or part of the file name"
put in ZoomBrowser(just like this)
let me know what you find if you have it i will try to help more if you need it

give it a shoot i love how you can edit pics myself

shannonranee

Trying picture again - The tree coral actually looks worse since I took this picture. Now it is shriveled enough that I cannot see the stalk at all.