My Updated 55 Gallon Tank

anthony17

I Added 25lbs Or Lr Today... Yea I Know My Lights Are Different But Plan To Even That Out My Next Pay Check I Went Broke Buying The Lr Today. Tell Me What You Guys Think

lion_crazz

I think that looks nice! Now, if you maintain proper alk, calcium, and magnesium levels and fix your light problem, all of that will be purple in no time.

fanker

is that an AGA mega flow? i wanted one but couldnt fing a mega-flow for the life of me....anyways looks good so far, fix that lighting and keep it up

anthony17

i have no idea what kind of over flow that is??? i just bought it??? sorry but yea im getting the lighting fixed next week i think im gunna get actinics or something with a blue-ish tint to it although i only have a FOWLR but in time its gunna get some corals...

S

sinner's girl

I LOVE the way you have the lr set up! It won't fall over? I wish I had pieces to do that with...

anthony17

no that walls not gunna fall over, its pretty sturdy but heres a pic that shows the work a little bit better. if you look in the bottom center rock you can see my yellow watchman goby in his cave lol he loves my new rock setup and so does my scooter blenny

anthony17

no, i placed them very well every rock was placed in perfect like a puzzle piece if it rocked just a little bit i wouldnt put it thier so its actually very stable.... i guess i does kinda look a little tipsy in the pic

zman1

Actually, I like your first layout a whole lot better than the second. The problem with pictures they don't give a 3D view. The second one in person may look better but not from a 2D picture. JMO

anthony17

thanks for all your inputs but i have another question...that rock on the top right that has that really dark purple stuff does anyone have any idea what that is i touched it once and it felt really silky.... i dont think its coraline just because its not part of the rock it seems to be growing and taking over the outside of the rock but if i touch it to hard it'll peel off so i was wondernig what it might be if you want i could get a close up on in tomorrow... thanks

mopar9012

Originally Posted by ANTHONY17
is cyano bacteria really bad??? i think it will just peel right off and are you sure thats what it is???
it looks like you got a little. i have some. it spreads FAST and mines all over. i think my problem is my lights were on for more than they should. im not setting up a timer.
i dont know if it will cause any damage.

aelene

you're much better off getting rid of it now if you can. cyano can and will spread in no time, especially during a cycle (brand new tank)

anthony17

huh tanks about 6 months old so yea its still kinda new... is it harmfull if i dont get it all,.. im going to scrub it off that rock tomorrow but i dont know if its on any others?? but it not going to kill anything is it??? i did a small search on it and i never saw anything that said it was really bad just a bunch of stuff about nitrates.. so is it create a bunch of nitrates or what... (maybe nitrites not sure) thanks for everyones help

joojoo

well it's up to you
it's a pest algae, most hobbyists want pest algae-free tanks
if it goes wild and covers all sand and rocks it could light-suffocate coralline and such

mr. crabs

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
That looks dangerously unstable...Had any problems yet? Mine ALWAYS fall over!!

IAWTP
Try stacking the rocks in a creative way in stead of making arcs. Over all , it look good.